Money Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSS

Reaction score
Fredy has dropped the ban-hammer. Not sure weather anyone can blame us for trying to get money, it just takes so damn long! along with other various bugs it would be interesting to know how the admins found out......apart from the nice cars that were suddenly appearing. Some people were lucky enough to avoid the ban, good luck to them in the future. nice playing with all of you, i enjoyed my time on the server :)

Leo_the_two_legged_Llama_by_HumanDescent.jpg

Reaction score
Money Exploit? Was there some kind of bug/glitch people used to get money or what?

Reaction score
Destershot said:
Money Exploit? Was there some kind of bug/glitch people used to get money or what?
yep... this is that kind of moment that im glad i didn't play too much with certain people on perp, so i wouldn't know how to use this money exploit bug.

Reaction score
Destershot said:
Not directly but could be used to gain large amounts of money in short order, which some people weren't too smart with and bought expensive cars showing it off for everyone to see, but finding out who did it exactly is much more in depth. Mostly thanks to some changes in the latest Garry's Mod update, but no one bothered to report anything of the sort anywhere, so anyone we find to have done it on purpose or potentially on purpose, is being banned.

NSS

Reaction score
yeah i wasnt planning on being smart, i knew someone would find out. i didnt however think id be perma banned for it lol, i assumed the owner would just reset the stuff we bought

Reaction score
I'm not banned and didn't use/got the bug, but for the people who are banned.. I think it's not fair, banning them for something which isn't their fault. The bug itself causes that people get double, triple or even more times the stuff/money they have, if they take advantage of that it's human.

Most of the people who find money on the street would take it, and not bring in to the police. So when you find the double amount of guns in your storage, will you bring it to a police officer and drop it? Or will you call an admin and say: Hey look at this, I have the double amount of stuff in my storage, please delete it! I don't think so, of course it depends on how much the bug gave you.

My opnion about this is that a permanent ban is a lot too high. You should delete the items they've got, and maybe refund their original money (In case you remove their recently bought car, if possible) I know it's a tough job to do, but it's always better then permanently banning someone and stop their awesome gaming experience on this server. There are no other servers like this one.. So please respect their failures and warn them, roll it back. But a permanent ban.. That's a bit too much.

Greetings,
Destershot
IC: Mark Johnsen

Reaction score
I think it's completely fair for them to be permanently banned, they broke the rules, a clearly stated rule, they didn't flag it up, and they used it to their own advantage, this would cause value of people's items to decrease because the prices would have to rise to combat the inflation because money might've changed hands so many times, people who use these exploits don't think about the damage they cause to players and the server. So overall I think the team handled it really well with the permanent bans and the swift fix of the issue.

Reaction score
Destershot said:
I'm not banned and didn't use/got the bug, but for the people who are banned.. I think it's not fair, banning them for something which isn't their fault. The bug itself causes that people get double, triple or even more times the stuff/money they have, if they take advantage of that it's human.

Most of the people who find money on the street would take it, and not bring in to the police. So when you find the double amount of guns in your storage, will you bring it to a police officer and drop it? Or will you call an admin and say: Hey look at this, I have the double amount of stuff in my storage, please delete it! I don't think so, of course it depends on how much the bug gave you.

My opnion about this is that a permanent ban is a lot too high. You should delete the items they've got, and maybe refund their original money (In case you remove their recently bought car, if possible) I know it's a tough job to do, but it's always better then permanently banning someone and stop their awesome gaming experience on this server. There are no other servers like this one.. So please respect their failures and warn them, roll it back. But a permanent ban.. That's a bit too much.

Greetings,
Destershot
1) Human yes, moral no.
2) If you don't report this to the police, you can expect an extended jail sentence, so receiving an extended ban is completely acceptable when found out as well.
3) They should not be simply reset to prior it happening due to the fact they broke a serious rule which we do not take lightly and did not take any action to rectify it on their own, but instead they continued to exploit it, perpetuating the problem.

Reaction score
Murtsley said:
I think it's completely fair for them to be permanently banned, they broke the rules, a clearly stated rule, they didn't flag it up, and they used it to their own advantage, this would cause value of people's items to decrease because the prices would have to rise to combat the inflation because money might've changed hands so many times, people who use these exploits don't think about the damage they cause to players and the server. So overall I think the team handled it really well with the permanent bans and the swift fix of the issue.
Yes, obviously some items will still be floating around that should not exist, but in time they'll get sorted out. Thanks for your understanding and thought put into how much something like this can effect as to understand the gravitas of it.

Reaction score
Nice knowing you Nick, We had some good times. And about the money glitch, How the hell did that work (Im banned so i didnt see how it worked and what people did to get loadddsss of money)

Reaction score
Destershot said:

Greetings,
Destershot
Thanks for your reply, I'm all with you in that and I think it's their own fault. But with a permanent ban people can't show their regret and their sorry, their discommunicated from the server and it's over. That's what bothers me..

Reaction score
Destershot said:

Greetings,
Destershot
From practically every single person that has posted a ban appeal and admitted to having done it, their claim is, "Why wouldn't I?". So if you want them to show they're sorry, if they're willing to abuse just because they are able to, I see there being no regret but rather they would do it again if given the opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.