Server Suggestion Money sink: Add boats!

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Money sink: Add boats!
Suggestion Description: Whilst not incredibly useful, it would be a very good money sink... You could flex your boat on the beach and use it for fishing.

Additionally it could boost your fishing by automatically collecting stuff from the fishing rods.

And it would provide new creative ways to escape from police, potentially even altering the map to allow access to a part of the forest.

Addons already existing for it:
Driveable yacht: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=107590810
Drivable Jetski Kawasaki: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105908087

Why should this be added?:
- Style
- Give purpose to the big lake that takes up a big portion of the map
- Fishing experience

What negatives could this have?:
- Players dying due to collisions of the boat (Standing on the boat whilst it moves)
- Finding a boat in the middle of bazaar

What problem would this suggestion solve?: Money sinks and purpose of the big lake/beach.

Reaction score
"Finding a boat in the middle of bazaar" thats not a negative thats a positive +1

Reaction score
I’ve thought about this before. But for this to work I belive that map needs to be changed. The sea needs to be bigger.

If this would be added, I could see a lot of new scenarious.

You mentioned fishing. Maybe people can transport drugs from other cities or countries. For example you talk or message with the dealer. He says he got a big shipment of drugs that needs to be transported.
With people having bigger boats, how about people growing drugs on them? And with that being said, pirates. People going around in smaller boats to raid other boats.

And with all that, the PD would need a new division for all sea operations. Same as for the fire department with sea rescue operations.

(Sorry for smelling misstakes or formatting misstakes, this is all written on my phone with swedish autocorrect)

Reaction score
  • Staff
I’ve thought about this before. But for this to work I belive that map needs to be changed. The sea needs to be bigger.
Yes. Potentially that would be a very good option and provide variety to transportation. Allowing travel into the forest would be huge as it would be an amazing shortcut.

You mentioned fishing. Maybe people can transport drugs from other cities or countries. For example you talk or message with the dealer. He says he got a big shipment of drugs that needs to be transported.
With people having bigger boats, how about people growing drugs on them? And with that being said, pirates. People going around in smaller boats to raid other boats.
It could obviously be all managed with rules as it has been now whether that's allowed or not. But probably it's better not to do it, unless we add a property within the sea, that is accessible by boat (or swimming).

And with all that, the PD would need a new division for all sea operations. Same as for the fire department with sea rescue operations.
Or perhaps not a whole division, rather just a certificate that you can operate boats, that are spawned at the same place as the civilians. Limit the amount of boats the PD. To prevent people taking up the limit, make officers' cars despawn at the Boat NPC, but they can respawn it and despawn the boat.

Reaction score
I played around with boats before they have good and bad aspects tbh.

My worry is people powergrowing on boats and transporting planters when keep upright objects on a boat would probably not be something we want to experience lest our boat ends up hurdling through Main Street at mach 10 speed.

As said above our ocean isn’t very big and the boats would just be circular driving.

If V6 was made with both a bigger ocean AND a way to drive onto the docks an amphibious car would be sick.

Reaction score
I believe the one potential disadvantage of adding boats is the increased server lag or performance issues. Adding new assets and mechanics (because these addons are so outdated and the boats handle very poorly) can put additional strain on the server's resources and impact gameplay even though there may not be a lot of them. I'm sure the developers will consider server stability and performance before implementing but I wanted to point this out regardless

It would be great to receive information about the price range for these mentioned boats from the thread creator as well

Reaction score
  • Staff
I believe the one potential disadvantage of adding boats is the increased server lag or performance issues. Adding new assets and mechanics (because these addons are so outdated and the boats handle very poorly) can put additional strain on the server's resources and impact gameplay even though there may not be a lot of them. I'm sure the developers will consider server stability and performance before implementing but I wanted to point this out regardless
Limit the amount that can be spawned at once.

It would be great to receive information about the price range for these mentioned boats from the thread creator as well
Since it is supposed to be a money sink, the prices will obviously be a status symbol more than anything..

I was thinking the Jetski should go for 20mil
and the yacht for 50mil

Therefore they'd be extremely exclusive items and the issues with lag could probably be not as bad.

Reaction score

Therefore they'd be extremely exclusive items and the issues with lag could probably be not as bad.

While setting limits on boat spawns can help alleviate potential lag issues, it may not solve the problem. Especially the yacht, can still put a strain on server performance due to its complex physics, rendering, and interaction with.
and the yacht for 50mil.

I just can't see that anyone will grind and pay for this suggested price, it's supposed to be expensive, yes, but it's way too extreme even to symbolize status, this will probably discourage players from engaging in other in-game activities as they will concentrate solely on accumulating money to buy these, meaning, more power growing and shootouts which is what the staff is trying to tackle?

While the idea of adding boats and creating exclusivity sounds appealing at first glance, finding a balance between player enjoyment, affordability, and doing this whilst maintaining a healthy in-game economy is the crucial and difficult part to ensure a positive experience, I'd be more willing to see only the jetski added as a money sink than the yacht, at least in the first stage to try out the new V6 areas and see what kind of impact sea transport would have on the server, the yacht is too much for now

Reaction score

Since it is supposed to be a money sink, the prices will obviously be a status symbol more than anything..

I was thinking the Jetski should go for 20mil
and the yacht for 50mil

The price is crazy, the furai is 20mil and has enough clout but also benefits in many ways. Buying a jet ski which is practically useless for that much would be a useless addition imo

Also performance would be atrocious, it’s bad enough

Reaction score
-1 this isn't mono, kids complain about performance already, we don't want a floating, highly detailed physics object in the middle of the map, it would be cool but I reckon gmod says no

Reaction score
-1 this isn't mono, kids complain about performance already, we don't want a floating, highly detailed physics object in the middle of the map, it would be cool but I reckon gmod says no
I doubt the physics and models are any more difficult than cars? No?

Reaction score
The price is crazy, the furai is 20mil and has enough clout but also benefits in many ways. Buying a jet ski which is practically useless for that much would be a useless addition imo

Also performance would be atrocious, it’s bad enough
The point of money sinks isn't usefulness. It's so you can actually save up an insane amount of money and show it off.