Map Suggestion MORE RENDER DISTANCE IN v6 please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: MORE RENDER DISTANCE IN v6 please.
Suggestion Description: I don’t know if it’s just me but I hate when im driving and some rich dude comes out of no where, driving on the wrong side of the road and races into my car… and i die.

Or when robing bank. Sitting on office and can only see a glimpse of whats happening. I mean i could be the only one but it would make game play so much more interesting.

Let’s just say. Mayor is having a speech at the city hall and BOOM! Death from above. My sneaky ass at office can then make a much cooler more and complex escape plan. Instead of going to the speech being 50 meters from the mayor, and end up getting shot by plpd the second i pull my gun out. Like if the render distance was larger i could have so many opportunities!

Why should this be added?:
- better raid planing.
-more diversity and different strategies for raids and other tasks that involves death
-generally better game play
-easier car chases since the guy in the McLaren cant just vanish in thin air.
-will not get run over all the time at bazar crosswalk

- would make office easier to raid, since its a castle to raid. Ill just be in my projects apartment and get the org on team speak and we will start the raid with a organized attack. and then i can be their third eye and give call outs!

- but maybe make bullet drop on the snipers so it would take skill to shot at long distance targets!

What negatives could this have?:
- getting sniped from the other side of the map. But it could be a good raid start tho...
- some people’s pc’s might explode… but just make a setting where you can change render distance. But it would be kinda pay to win if you have a better pc, but you know!

What problem would this suggestion solve?: All my problems. And the clips will be crazy. Imagine seeing a sniper shot from harbor to office! Not that i think it will ever happen but yea.

Maybe im just a ignorant person but it sounds so cool to me, and would make me play so much more since the gameplay would change so drastically!

Hope y’all agree

We have render distance slider ingane i have it maxed and i can see far u can see this in f1>settings and there will be a render distance slider

We have render distance slider ingane i have it maxed and i can see far u can see this in f1>settings and there will be a render distance slider
Thanks. But i think i have it maxed? And its not enough. But ill look into it tomorrow

Thanks. But i think i have it maxed? And its not enough. But ill look into it tomorrow
I have mine maxed i run about 70fps average and i can see from city highway bend to roxies diner so i think its ok if u have it maxed i dont see the need for a larger scale

I have mine maxed i run about 70fps average and i can see from city highway bend to roxies diner so i think its ok if u have it maxed i dont see the need for a larger scale
Fr? Then i dont think i have mine maxed out? But doesn’t it start at max render distance when you first join?

With the current new cpu lineups like the 5800x3d and the 7800x3D and intel counterparts. I see no reason people couldn't handle more render distance. I already get around 200-300 FPS everywhere except bazaar at 2k resolution. Personally think it could be extended a bit with the new map coming.

Good to see someone agreeing. And yes, the basar is the only place where you experience lag. But i think that can be fixed the devs so there is not 1 gazzilion light and weapon name tags? :) (Reply too huskyDOG)

V6 is not yet at the stage where we have begun optimisation. Both the distance of fade-in, and and the point where in which we switch to the skybox will be determined by performance testing. We will push it as high as we can without majorly impacting frame rate, but whether that is further than, or the same as V5 we cannot say at this time.

What I will say is temper your expectations. V6 is a far more detailed map, and so a lot of optimisation is going to have to take place in order to maintain a good framerate, and keeping draw distances low is a good way to do that.

V6 is not yet at the stage where we have begun optimisation. Both the distance of fade-in, and and the point where in which we switch to the skybox will be determined by performance testing. We will push it as high as we can without majorly impacting frame rate, but whether that is further than, or the same as V5 we cannot say at this time.

What I will say is temper your expectations. V6 is a far more detailed map, and so a lot of optimisation is going to have to take place in order to maintain a good framerate, and keeping draw distances low is a good way to do that.
Okay. I have something random. Is there gonna be a vipe. And new jobs, and is there an estimate when we can be expecting it?

Status
Not open for further replies.