Server Suggestion "infinite" car upgrades

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: "infinite" car upgrades
Suggestion Description: You know Zeno's Dichotomy paradox?
The one with running a infinite distance by constantly splitting the remaining half distance in 2, therefore never reaching the goal, since you have to run a infinite amount of distances?

I think car upgrades should work the same way:
Currently you can upgrade your car twice for ~10mp/h more performance
I think you should be able to make a third upgrade, but for only ~5mp/h more. Then a forth one for ~2,5mp/h, a fifth for 1,25mp/h etc...

Why should this be added?:
- Ability to make lower tier cars better if you really like them, but for a hefty price

What negatives could this have?:
- work
- balance issues

Useful Images:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tbh would be cool, i like some low tier cars as well that are just ridiculously slow

Deleted member 4084

Eventually someone's going to get a Mini Cooper to 100mph

Reaction score
This would make certain cars just overpowered. Why would someone buy a 2 million Ferrari when they can upgrade their Mazda RX7 6 times to reach 100 mph?

Currently you can upgrade your car twice for ~10mp/h more performance
I think you should be able to make a third upgrade, but for only ~5mp/h more. Then a forth one for ~2,5mp/h, a fifth for 1,25mp/h etc...
You seem to have a flawed understanding on how car upgrades work. For a lot of cars, especially the cheaper ones, 10 mph in 2 upgrades would entirely morph the car. Most upgrades are 8-10mph first upgrade then 6-8mph more.

Bear in mind that when cars start hitting the latter of 6 figure numbers, each top mile per hour the car is capable of starts adding up. The difference between a 900k car and a 2 million car, over twice is value, is less than 20 miles per hour.

Reaction score
I believe the problem is some cars are just not made for certain speeds. I dont know if there were any other modifications then acceleration and topspeed to the superfast mini race event, but thats a proof of concept, that would deny this request. So there always has to be a cap at some point. Some cars, even not upgraded have problems with spinning out compleately random, such as the McLaren F1, which I unfortunately own! I downgraded it twice, as it was undrivable...

The paradox also reminds me of the problem with calculating shore borders of countries, when the more you zoom in, it turns out that the shore is longer and longer. Its even called the coastline paradox! Coastline paradox wiki

Reaction score
I believe the problem is some cars are just not made for certain speeds. I dont know if there were any other modifications then acceleration and topspeed to the superfast mini race event, but thats a proof of concept, that would deny this request. So there always has to be a cap at some point. Some cars, even not upgraded have problems with spinning out compleately random, such as the McLaren F1, which I unfortunately own! I downgraded it twice, as it was undrivable...

The paradox also reminds me of the problem with calculating shore borders of countries, when the more you zoom in, it turns out that the shore is longer and longer. Its even called the coastline paradox! Coastline paradox wiki
If I see sliding mini coopers because lunatics like me would upgrade them to 100mph I would definetly accept this feature, top tier

On a more serious note, I don't think its a bad idea. As you state handling woulnd't increase so most cars would indeed perform better at the drawback they are harder to drive, Now if we invert this paradox and double the price each upgrade, it would be very expensive to get extremely quick mini coopers. But at the same time for the richest of players a nice flex and moneysink.

Would love to see some more opinions on this tho

Reaction score
Part if the problem here is that upgrades are more complicated than just "go faster", so it would be very difficult to have a infinitely scalable method that works for every vehicle.