Police Suggestion Move to discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Move to discord
Suggestion Description: We all know teamspeak is mostly dead apart from the PD section.

I think it would be great to move the PD rooms to the PD Discord.

Why should this be added?:
- More players will join the PD discord as they will have to for stage 2s
-I can delete teamspeak
-Team speak is old and clunky

What negatives could this have?:
-Someone has to change rank perms on discord?
-Teamspeak would die.

Reaction score
A major +1.

When i heard that trainings like TFU/RTU are required teamspeak i was a bit confused

Reaction score
More players will join the PD discord as they will have to for stage 2s
Why is this a positive? The PD discord is clean and really only meant for administrative staff, you talk about teamspeak being clunky but how would discord not be if you are bringing over all those channels when there is already a plethora in the discord for every division, their command team, their trainers, and even more for CO’s?

As much as I prefer discord over teamspeak, I would rather keep everything on teamspeak.

Reaction score
how would discord not be if you are bringing over all those channels when there is already a plethora in the discord for every division, their command team, their trainers, and even more for CO’s?
categories.

something Teamspeak lacks is the ability to minimize channels or hide them based on rank. It only locks them behind a password. Everyone will view the server based on what the devs allow them to view. If you're a commander who only uses the relevant commanding channels, you can hide the rest of the unnecessary channels. Furthermore if a PD announcement is made in announcements it's probably going to be heard out by more officers cause literally nobody wakes up and opens teamspeak unless they're command or they have training. I personally have discord in my pc background casually and I think many others relate so it's way easier to reach out to people.

Reaction score
categories.

something Teamspeak lacks is the ability to minimize channels or hide them based on rank. It only locks them behind a password. Everyone will view the server based on what the devs allow them to view. If you're a commander who only uses the relevant commanding channels, you can hide the rest of the unnecessary channels. Furthermore if a PD announcement is made in announcements it's probably going to be heard out by more officers cause literally nobody wakes up and opens teamspeak unless they're command or they have training. I personally have discord in my pc background casually and I think many others relate so it's way easier to reach out to people.
This is true, I forgot about that

Reaction score
Opening the PD discord to the public has been discussed before within the PD and DS and for reasons mentioned by @Aquaa it hasn't gone forward.

While we can automate user management within the discord (i.e no one new needs rank management perms), currently PD Command prefers that it is clean and used only for administrative reasons, their was a period were certain meetings were held within discord, and they lasted a bit less then a month before everyone moved back to teamspeak.

Reaction score
We attempted to host CC meetings in Discord, it was just ass. We use the record feature on TS and this has not been an issue at all, so I don't see any changes needing to be done here simply because of this.

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Move to discord
Suggestion Description: We all know teamspeak is mostly dead apart from the PD section.

I think it would be great to move the PD rooms to the PD Discord.

Why should this be added?:
- More players will join the PD discord as they will have to for stage 2s
-I can delete teamspeak
-Team speak is old and clunky

What negatives could this have?:
-Someone has to change rank perms on discord?
-Teamspeak would die.
Wouldn't even have to open the PLPD Discord, simply add a 'trainer' role and then a 'trainee' role in the main discord that can be allocated by trainers - this opening up VCs for the trainers and trainees on the discord.

But I whole-heartedly agree. I had to re-install TS for my RTU just to only really use it at the end of the training session for feedback - which could've more easily been done even through game. Discord is simply more user-friendly and more used, rather than TS.

Reaction score
Not only is TeamSpeak just the better application when it comes to codec, netcode and quality in general, it also has a recording feature which allows command to record interviews and stages of applications when necessary. You don’t really need to embed funny memes or screen share anyways (the two things that Discord has which TS doesn’t). I’m also not under the impression that TeamSpeak is clunky whatsoever. It’s quite simple actually if you have basic computer interfacing skills. Alas, if it isn’t broken, don't fix it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
We already tried to do our meetings in Discord and managed to host one CC before we all agreed to return to Teamspeak. Most of the command members will agree that Teamspeak was way better.

Reaction score

I have no intention of making the PD Discord public as it is currently used for administrative tasks which keeps it uncluttered. Teamspeak is better for voice anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.