Moving large props/ defences while in a shootout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Add: ??.??

Your version of the rule:
While in a shootout, it is not allowed to move, with the phsygun, large/heavy props in order to open a path or create an opening to allow more visibility.
This includes but not necessarily limited to: Moving a prop to unblock a window, unblocking a door in the middle of a raid etc.

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited:
In my opinion, being allowed to freely move defences while in the middle of a raid is unfair game. The main thing I want is to disallow players from unblocking a previously blocked door in order to provide themselves with an unfair advantage of an unseen flanking opportunity.
Windows are also kind of shitty since a lot of players will just temporarily remove a fence from the window to shoot and then block it again once they've done so, although I don't find this as bad as the previous example. With the way the rule was written I don't think it will affect anything else, other than the things intended.

Reaction score
Always been flamed for this stance, but the defenders in a raid should be allowed every unfair advantage as you're trying to kill them and break into their property, it shouldn't be a fair fight.

Reaction score
moving concrete barricades maybe, but i dont mind moving wooden boards from windows, its not like this game has functional curtains which would make that possible otherwise. Anything that can realistically be moved by 1 person, should still be movable imo

Reaction score
There is already 2.1 play realistically wouldn't this fall under it? I mean it's not realistic to instantly move large and heavy objects, nor is it realistic to use a physgun while RP-ing.

Reaction score
  • Staff
2.1 is a very vague rule, for specific things like this a new rule should be added.

Reaction score
  • Staff
I don't mind the windows that much but in my opinion, doing this to doors should not be allowed.

Reaction score
  • Staff
I agree that the defenders should have the upper hand, but not this kind. This is mainly unfair to police, since civilian raiders could just place a bomb to get rid of a blocking fence anyway. It just isn't fun, everything of course though is my opinion.

Deleted member 4116

This sounds more like an issue for raiders, because 1 can’t clear corner and push doesn’t mean rules have to be adjusted. This been a thing for years and never had a problem with it, if someone does it to you he basically outplayed you, but if it keeps happening to you and you have an issue with it, try to deal with it in-game instead by checking everything b4 going on the forums and making a suggestion about it.

Reaction score
Accepted - Ish

This will be defined more within the current rules instead of making a new rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.