My Resignation and Departure

Reaction score
Hey guys, it's me. Yes I'm still alive and I'm doing great! I've managed to find myself a great job with amazing opportunities for my future as a railway engineer. So that's what I've been doing during this time.

Although at this point the intense course only requires me to work on a track monday - friday, I still need to put the effort in during my off-time by reading through books and trying to understand the infrastructure since there's way too much information to be put into my work hours.

Anyway, my inactivity in the end got the better of me and I should've made this post quite some time ago. Since earning money I've been able to take advantage of my weekends with my friends and family since once I'm fully qualified and actually taking part in maintaining and creating track, I'll most likely be working through early hours of the morning on weekdays and 12 hour shifts on the weekends. This will severely affect my social life as I may only get 1 day off every 13 shifts!

Perp itself has been amazing, I've met some great people and some bad people. It really is a great place for a group of people to have some banter. The controversial bit, as a staff member I really got to see how rules blind people. With this I mean that everything now has to be taken OOC if someone breaks a rule. Which according to 3.24 it shouldn't be like this anyway. But people still do that and it wind's me up lol.

But I'm not gonna bitch about Perp, since it has it's ups and downs anyway. But not to make this too long, I may or may not return, but I consider it unlikely for me to come back since I've grown up from wanting to afk grow all day with a little bit of banter and some moderation in between.

With that wall of text, I just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone for making my perp experience amazing.

And that if it wasn't for the playerbase and the staff, then I most likely wouldn't be here.

Lot's of love

Bullyreece

Last edited:
Reaction score
Goodbye Reece, they short period i played with you was an amazing time!~
Well it is good to see you go, you managed to get a good job and do what you like to do.
Good luck in further live and hop on a few times, even if it is just to say hello to us :).

Well Bye than and Earn money and get rich :) and enjoy live ofcourse never forget that

Reaction score
Another unfortunate but expected loss. We all know your future matters more than your moderation of a server. I was expecting this post to come after a load of inactivity. We will all miss you and your efforts greatly, just make the most out of this new opportunity you have.

Best of luck,

Reaction score
Oh yeah if any if you want to ever play League of Legends since that's my jam now aswell. Then feel free to add me and msg me for a game!

My name is...Bullyreece

Reaction score
See you mate, I never really got to know but I've heard you were a great staff member and guy, And jesus you've got yourself a really good job there mate :D

Reaction score
Reece, been waiting to talk to you for a while!
Its no problem, your still one of my great friends.
Much love.

M

Reaction score
Haven't spoke to you in ages Reece, hope that everything goes well with your career

make sure this doesn't happen

Reaction score
This is great but not because you're resigning because you're a rail engineer I have questions

How do you prevent you lot getting like electrocuted by the third rail? I'm assuming your railways have a third rail and not overhead cables and shit like do you have like plastic boots or some shit so if you step on it it don't fuck you up don't ask why I want to know I just want to know :laughcry:

But anyways I want the keys to your car Ross. Later skater

Reaction score
This is great but not because you're resigning because you're a rail engineer I have questions

How do you prevent you lot getting like electrocuted by the third rail? I'm assuming your railways have a third rail and not overhead cables and shit like do you have like plastic boots or some shit so if you step on it it don't fuck you up don't ask why I want to know I just want to know :laughcry:

But anyways I want the keys to your car Ross. Later skater

When working within an electrified conductor rail. They place it in risk levels. Risk level 1 being high risk, meaning that you're working on the conductor rail itself (3rd rail) therefore you'd want to isolate that area so you're able to work.

Risk level 2, is work that could come within 300mm of the conductor rail, so they'd get you to put on a piece of equipment called a rail shield, which is pretty much a piece of plastic that covers a little bit of a rail. You'd use 1 for each person in your group. Basically if you or your tool touches it, you won't get electrocuted.

DCCR---conductor-shields-and-TCOC_1_half_hello_446x174px.jpg

Even got a picture for ya cos I'm that nice. Look the yellow things just slot over the 3rd rail^^

Then risk level 3 is like work on the otherside of the track, called the 4ft. Basically working above 300mm from the conductor rail. You don't really need to isolate the area from electricity or rail shields.

But anyways the equipment is made of fibre glass and rubber which can take just above 750 volts; and how fortunate that the conductor rail is powered by 750 volts. Oh and you have to wear full orange high-vis, a plastic hard helmet and they use special steel toe cap boots which can take that many volts if you step on it, since they're insulated.

BUT not all rails are powered by a conductor rail and are instead powered by an overhead line which has 25,000 volts going through it lol. If you go within like 2.75 meters it will jump to you and fry you from the inside out! So basically stay the fuck away unless you know the area's been isolated.

There's a little lesson for ya blicky <3

Last edited: