My thoughts on Perpheads, and what can be added

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My thoughts on Perphead is not a good one, but it is a bad one, now... where do I start?

The amount of failrpers is...astonishing... I've seen Darkrp servers have better roleplayers than on Perpheads, I don't even know how Fredy can call his server a "serious roleplay server" anymore. I've spoken to Fredy about my opinion on Perpheads, he just laughed. I know, there are some good roleplayers out there in the server, but the amount of failrpers, just ruin the experience for them. I want the admins to not worry about failrpers, and to roleplay, I know, it's their duty to help the server out, but the amount of reports that they get, it's like they are a robot, or a slave.

The weapons should be extremely hard to make, and to get as well, I've noticed that when a new player joins, they instantly get a remington, or a MP5... and most players that currently play, have an m82, or an SR-25. I estimate that I have about 40+ guns in my warehouse.

The rules need to be much more serious, but they also need to be realistic. There should be some sort of system which every admin should follow, the more simple rules, like Metagaming, or NLR should get a warning, but when it comes to RDM, if you make one mistake killing someone on purpose, you should get a 2 day ban, or maybe more, and it should get higher, or lower, depending on what rule it is. This system could stop rule breakers, and maybe, better roleplayers might join the server.

Reaction score
I have had my fair share of rule breakers on the server, and I can honestly say it hurts not being able to do much besides /report (I'm not going to record 24/7.) The main thing I see, is that the Police are not feared what-so-ever. A cop rolls up to the bank in his cruiser, you should not immediately think "Alright, lets pull our guns on 3 even though he has his gun out." The Police in my opinion have to be feared much larger. Whether this is making weapons harder to get or nerfing them, this is an issue. I also suggest a Rule to enforce Serious RP on Traffic Violations. Many times have I either been involved in a never ending car chase where the person in the Murcielago is toying with me- or when the person's car breaks (from running away,) they pull out their gun and shoot me. When you are getting pulled over for running a red light (normally just a warning on RP servers,) you should not think "Lemme call my buddies and they'll shoot him." or "Screw that FUCK THE POLICE!!" *drives away*. This is a major issue and is not even close how the situation is handled 99% of the time in real life.

Fixing this issue can lead to less isolation, and Rping as a cop or a medic much more fun and realistic.

Although I do hear where you are coming from, and I would also like to suggest more Serious RP-like rules. (The one above is a suggestion for one)

Reaction score
This is the chance to express your opinions about the server, so please make do, before someone locks this topic.

Dye

Reaction score
Frosty;n1607 said:
I've noticed that when a new player joins, they instantly get a remington, or a MP5... and most players that currently play, have an m82, or an SR-25.

Seems like it's been a while since you were new. That's not true at all. Acquiring weapons on this server is harder and more expensive than most over servers. Leveling firearms is a lot harder than it is on other servers as well.

Dye

Reaction score
Mattus said:
I have had my fair share of rule breakers on the server, and I can honestly say it hurts not being able to do much besides /report (I'm not going to record 24/7.) The main thing I see, is that the Police are not feared what-so-ever. A cop rolls up to the bank in his cruiser, you should not immediately think "Alright, lets pull our guns on 3 even though he has his gun out." The Police in my opinion have to be feared much larger. Whether this is making weapons harder to get or nerfing them, this is an issue. I also suggest a Rule to enforce Serious RP on Traffic Violations. Many times have I either been involved in a never ending car chase where the person in the Murcielago is toying with me- or when the person's car breaks (from running away,) they pull out their gun and shoot me. When you are getting pulled over for running a red light (normally just a warning on RP servers,) you should not think "Lemme call my buddies and they'll shoot him." or "Screw that FUCK THE POLICE!!" *drives away*. This is a major issue and is not even close how the situation is handled 99% of the time in real life.

Fixing this issue can lead to less isolation, and Rping as a cop or a medic much more fun and realistic.

Although I do hear where you are coming from, and I would also like to suggest more Serious RP-like rules. (The one above is a suggestion for one)
Hi, when you join the server you automatically start recording a demo so you don't have to "record 24/7" because the server already does that for you. If you see someone break the rules just go to the forums and upload your demo in a ban request.

Reaction score
Dye;n1626 said:
Seems like it's been a while since you were new. That's not true at all. Acquiring weapons on this server is harder and more expensive than most over servers. Leveling firearms is a lot harder than it is on other servers as well.

I managed to unlock the M82 in the first week, hardly playing that much, It's really not that hard to level up your firearms, or acquiring weapons at all, I agree, I've been on some other perp servers, it is more harder, and expensive than other perp servers... but I think it's still too easy, some perp servers, it's almost impossible to get a pistol.

Reaction score
Dye commented
16 minutes ago

Hi, when you join the server you automatically start recording a demo so you don't have to "record 24/7" because the server already does that for you. If you see someone break the rules just go to the forums and upload your demo in a ban request.

The amount of demos that you would have in your Garry's mod folder would be ridiculous, and that the forums would be spammed from ban requests...

Dye

Reaction score
Frosty;n1631 said:
The amount of demos that you would have in your Garry's mod folder would be ridiculous, and that the forums would be spammed from ban requests...

What are you talking about?
I wasn't suggesting that, that's how it already is...
When you join the server it automatically starts a demo. It starts a new demo every hour.

Frosty;n1630 said:
I managed to unlock the M82 in the first week, hardly playing that much, It's really not that hard to level up your firearms, or acquiring weapons at all, I agree, I've been on some other perp servers, it is more harder, and expensive than other perp servers... but I think it's still too easy, some perp servers, it's almost impossible to get a pistol.

Well share your secrets then because I've been playing for a week or so now and I'm only level 26 or so firearms.

Reaction score
Mattus said:

Yes I did know this, and I'm sure that every time I join the server and go AFK for "x" amount of time it would take up a lot of space, especially when the Administrators could easily be responding to the reports of FailRP and FearRP Rule breaking instead of just "someone's AFK."

Now there have been Admins that have been responding to my reports, but I would like to point out that 50% of the time my reports are not answered and looked over. I am also saying that to have the server labeled as Serious, you need to have serious set rules and have them enforced heavily. It is completely ridiculous to have someone avoid Passive RP and just run away from the cops every time they run a red light, or they are speeding. And most of the time they do this on purpose either without know or with knowing. Or have someone literally take a massive dump on Passive RP by saving their friend who is in the middle of getting arrested.

"RPing" as a Police Officer on a Serious Server should not have these complications. And again, I am just stating things that I see are wrong. I am not attempted to give the server a bad rep or trash talk it on purpose. I am giving constructive criticism.

Reaction score
I have always believed that as the game is based on real life, and that anything is possible, within reason, in real life - that while the rules are important, less focus should be given to them, and more focus given to the game's mechanics.

The server should remain a serious one, and I do agree that admins should be more harsh to those who do break the rules.

I have just created a suggestion/idea thread that I believe will help to decrease the amount rule-breaking instances that you have listed:

http://perpheads.com/forum/server/ideas-bug-reports/1661-weapon-management

Status
Not open for further replies.