Server Suggestion Nerf battering ram

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Nerf battering ram
Suggestion Description: Make it so battering rams do not work on vehicles that are in motion

Why should this be added?:
- Makes no sense for the driver to be ejected out of his moving vehicle just because a cop right clicked his car, no matter the speed

What negatives could this have?:
- None since cops already have spikes to stop vehicles (?)

Reaction score
Wouldn’t even call this a nerf seeing as using the battering ram as described is against 2.1 anyways.

Sam

Reaction score
I've personally seen a driver dragged out of a moving vehicle by police. This was in slow speed, yes, but the vehicle was still moving so the question here is. If we add this, how fast does a vehicle need to go to stop the ejecting by battering rams?

Reaction score
I've personally seen a driver dragged out of a moving vehicle by police. This was in slow speed, yes, but the vehicle was still moving so the question here is. If we add this, how fast does a vehicle need to go to stop the ejecting by battering rams?
In real life, there are police officers who use other tactics to stop vehicles moving who are on foot. Maybe a vehicle travelling above alt sprinting speed would stop the battering ram from activating. Another way to do this is it a vehicle is battering rammed at low speed, the engine is disabled for a duration of time as this could simulate an officer dragging a player out the vehicle (disabled for 20-30 seconds before leaving the engine in its original state)

Reaction score
  • Staff

Good question, I would say 15/20mph maybe?

Reaction score
  • Staff
Wouldn’t even call this a nerf seeing as using the battering ram as described is against 2.1 anyways.
Exactly, but still happens and its so easy to implement code wise that it just makes sense to add this in my opinion