New FAQ/Tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: FAQ/Tutorial Update

Short explanation (in notes):
-Add in topics that new players need to read like usage of weapons, Vehicle control, Identifying Staff and how to contact them, How to apply for positions like Supervisor, Dispatch (When available) and Enforcer (Do not think this is necessary)
- Update the FAQ and tutorial locations to Paralake locations instead of Evocity
- Allow community members to write their own additions to be reviewed then added in.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
To be honest I believe the system right now is not enough yes it tells them the basics like it did in Evocity but it is unsuitable for Paralake and them progressing. There has been several incidents both in the police force and around the city regarding new players not knowing how to use the weapon system, Being unable to fire or reload their gun or accidently aiming and shooting players.

New players will always run into trouble but when they do they have no idea what to do and panic and the results are clear if you like reading the latest bans daily like myself. New players should not be getting confused or stuck and help only helps someone for only one thing at a time and there is not always a good response or any response at all.

New players always ask things like, Where is the DD, How do I become a admin?, Where do I buy a gun, I need a admin help. And while most are happy to help and type their response they cannot do it constantly due to the anti spam on help.

There is no ifs or buts this is needed because New players always find their way here and most needs all the help they can get.
Optional additions:

A seperate system from /report regarding asking questions which mostly staff knows the answer to.

Reaction score
If you really would like to have something like this please post information you actually would like to see in it.

Considering I code the gamemode nothing is mystery, confusing, or a hidden feature to me so I don't know what information would be most beneficial to players. Also I don't have the time to sift through old help questions to find common ones. Things like this can be freely presented by members but may be tweaked by staff to be as accurate, factual, and helpful as possible. I know the current may not be the best or most useful, but that's why we're a community to help give input and more. So again, present questions and answers to the best of your ability that you think would be good to have in the FAQ or quick tips for the tutorials.

Reaction score
Yes This would be great for newbies to make rp more smooth, i find alot of them keep bring ooc into ic slightly ruining the rp great suggestion :)

Reaction score
Locked.jpg

If you really would like to have something like this please post information you actually would like to see in it.

Considering I code the gamemode nothing is mystery, confusing, or a hidden feature to me so I don't know what information would be most beneficial to players. Also I don't have the time to sift through old help questions to find common ones. Things like this can be freely presented by members but may be tweaked by staff to be as accurate, factual, and helpful as possible. I know the current may not be the best or most useful, but that's why we're a community to help give input and more. So again, present questions and answers to the best of your ability that you think would be good to have in the FAQ or quick tips for the tutorials.

Status
Not open for further replies.