Police Suggestion New officers in hands of better knowladge officers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief: there are a lot of new players in plpd forces as same as just new plpd officers that doesn't always know what to do/how to react
I think best choice to do is make them to join as a partner to officers that are a bit in this field. They can teach them basics as pullover code panic buttons asking for backup informing of a chase etc
I often hear on a radio by newbies "guys help me" Or "this guy is running away" Without any details

What benefits would this idea have for the department: Trained officers that can react faster and better while on thier own
Less reports on new officers breaking laws

What potential negatives could this have for the department: When there will be 4 officers and only 2 units it will be harder to patrol the city

Optional Additions: there can be also a Training Course every few weeks inside PD with made up scenarious to teach them how to react and what ticket to give

Reaction score
I think best choice to do is make them to join as a partner to officers that are a bit in this field. They can teach them basics as pullover code panic buttons asking for backup informing of a chase etc
You could do this.
Or, you can just ask in the radio to patrol with an officer who has experience in the PD. This is usually Corporals and above, but on occasion, certain Senior Officers can be just as good as the other pre-command ranks.

there can be also a Training Course every few weeks inside PD with made up scenarious to teach them how to react and what ticket to give
The PLPD hosts training sessions on request already, though, I've never done that. I'd assume you file a ticket to command for the division you're in to request training.
The PD has training officers available to help you.

A lot of what you've suggested already exists in different ways.
Forcing a newer officer into a unit with a senior ranked officer is a good idea on paper, but completely unnecessary when the same effect can be achieved by communicating with other officers and arranging a patrol.

In addition, newer officers are always given a pop-up hint when they go on-duty, guiding them to PLPD.online for self-improvement.

Reaction score
ion, newer officers are always given a pop-up hint when they go on-duty, guiding them to PLPD.online for self-improvement.
True but almost everyone ignore it
I m not saying that seniour officer or higher rank should get them under thier wings but a normal officer with for example 2 weeks playtime as an officer can also help them around with basic stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.