New Player Immunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Upon joining the server brand new players should be given a 12 - 24-hour playtime immunity, where their properties can not be raided (I.E Bombs will not damage doors or props, you are unable to lockpick the door.)

Why should this be added? (pros): Newer players would have more of a chance to establish themselves on the server and get some form of wealth before having to fend for themselves in the harsh environment that is paralake.

What negatives could this have? (cons): Groups of older players (Y'all know exactly who I am talking about) that can't raid anyone else but sweaters would have no one left to raid. This system also could be prone to abuse, as older players could just have a new player buy a property and base with that newer player, making their base unraidable. Although I am sure there is a way to circumvent this, as another PERP server I played on a few years back was able to accomplish this by making it so players with less than 24 hours couldn't give keys to anyone that had more than 24 hours.

*Other additions: Due to the global pandemic that is spreading across the globe as we speak, the server is experiencing an influx of new players, I am seeing a few new names on what seems like a daily basis. If a system like this was put into place then these new players would have a much better first impression with the server and be more likely to stay, even after the lockdowns are over. I am open to feedback, and discussion about this, and I am curious as to what other people think about this.

Reaction score
Full immunity is too extreme. However, I'm changing it to make it slightly harder for older players to pick the locks of new players doors. I think this will give them more of a chance to react to the fact they are being raided.

Status
Not open for further replies.