24 Hour raid prevention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So i've noticed perp losing players as i've been gone for a while due to my personal situation. Now i've come with an idea to prevent people from quitting. One of the biggest reasons people are quitting perp is due to big organisations raiding people who have a small amount of money and in the worst case are really new to the server. I think a good way to prevent this is to put a 24 hour raid prevention to make it new to new players. In this way they are able to get a good start , and the chance of them quitting the server will be decreased alot as they literally have the ability to plant their stuff and not having to worry about anything.

How should it work?:

Add a new rule stating that it is not allowed to raid people who are under 24 hours of playing time

Properties owned by people with under 24 hours of playing time should have an exclamation mark with a bright colour like yellow on the door.

Pro's:

This will decrease the chance of people quitting perpheads by alot

This will make it fair for new players.

It will give new players a chance to actually explore the server and learn new things whilst making money

This will give new players the chance to make a good headstart.

Cons:

More advanced players might make people with under 24 hours of playing time buy properties for them and let them base in it by for example paying them a nice sum of cash.

Reaction score
How would anyone actually know?
Should someone type in LOOC; "oh hey btw <insert building/apartment name and number here> what is your play time lol eks dee?? XD"
any sensible person really doesnt go through with raiding new players (neither did olsen if they were aware they were new) because it's pretty much an extremely dick move
Properties owned by people with under 24 hours of playing time should have an exclamation mark with a bright colour like yellow on the door.
Also easiest excuse to have an alt or some shit just buy an apartment for your gang of +10 people to grow in and not get raided

Reaction score
This would be a ridiculously hard rule to follow; we're not psychic. We have no way of knowing others' playtime and as such we might just end up shooting a sweater and not realise it.

Reaction score
No sorry but this is really stupid. You have missed the point. The issue is big organizations raiding new people not them being raided. Why would anyone even if new want to sit all day making money? The point is to have fun while also a chance of winning. They should still be able to get raided by 1 or 2 guys. Not to mention people could get their new friends to base all day and give them the money.

Reaction score
No sorry but this is really stupid. You have missed the point. The issue is big organizations raiding new people not them being raided. Why would anyone even if new want to sit all day making money? The point is to have fun while also a chance of winning. They should still be able to get raided by 1 or 2 guys. Not to mention people could get their new friends to base all day and give them the money.

they will have to sit inside somewhere for a day to make a good amount of money to start to roleplay outside...

Reaction score
they will have to sit inside somewhere for a day to make a good amount of money to start to roleplay outside...
Is that the actual point? If yes just give every new player 200k as starter money and they wont have to go through all of that.

Reaction score
This would be a ridiculously hard rule to follow; we're not psychic. We have no way of knowing others' playtime and as such we might just end up shooting a sweater and not realise it.
I've seen this exact feature on some other server, where it will say on the door something like ''<24 hours not raidable" something like that. If it were to be implemented like that there won't be rlly a rule needed to disclose that you can't raid new players.
Ofcourse the player shouldn't moan that he got raided since his friends owns the property who doesn't have the ''raid protection'' Then again if it were to be added like this it could be easily abused by for example getting your new friends on to buy a property so you can grow in there and not get raided while you have for example 1 month playtime.

However, I do like with the suggestion but it has to be changed. Let's say it would be 8 or 4 hours 24 hours seems a lot in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Honestly, can we fuck off with "big organisations raid new players" when I was a sweater I had exactly the same and so did all sweatervests so how are you going to say this is the reason for people quitting the server? The fact of being raided and wanting to guard yourself from losing drugs and guns was the fun of it and if you win (which happened more often than you would think) you could gloat about it and possibly be recruited by higher up organisations or befriend people that have money or a lot of skill. The reason all of you sweatervests are mad is because you can not make friends because you are generally cunts and therefore you deserve everything you get because being a toxic prick isn't going to make you liked. The reason people are quitting perp is because the playerbase is no longer fun, it used to be a unique playerbase until all of the Zarpfags and darkrp kids with "mug drop 10k or die" came over and decided why not make the server about grinding and getting a supercar in a week or for the sad pricks that were carried over in the complete aids fest period would buy money which I find so funny, because you have to be at some sort of low considering some people were paying over £50 to get enough money to buy a virtual supercar. On top of all this, rules were strict 3 years ago but now its just fucking aids and limits the players from being creative which for me was why I loved perp years ago, but now you can't even make a treehouse or a drug den without some Nazi coming in and throwing your props around without even asking you to remove it so you have to spend 10 minutes actually looking for the props because a staff member decided why not throw his props across the map because I have a physgun and I have superiority over you even though I claim benefits and sit on my ass all day behind a computer screen enforcing rules for a garry's mod roleplay server (I mean seriously you are going places).

Just thought I would get this rant out there as I'm fed up with newfags crying over being raided.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Seems very realistic pal, suits a serious roleplay server very well. I see bright yellow writing on my new neighbours door everyday.

No.

Need new jobs which would encourage new players to stay.
Rework the PD whitlist.
More simple criminal rp that isnt overcomplicated for newer players.

Reaction score
Honestly, can we fuck off with "big organisations raid new players" when I was a sweater I had exactly the same and so did all sweatervests so how are you going to say this is the reason for people quitting the server? The fact of being raided and wanting to guard yourself from losing drugs and guns was the fun of it and if you win (which happened more often than you would think) you could gloat about it and possibly be recruited by higher up organisations or befriend people that have money or a lot of skill. The reason all of you sweatervests are mad is because you can not make friends because you are generally cunts and therefore you deserve everything you get because being a toxic prick isn't going to make you liked. The reason people are quitting perp is because the playerbase is no longer fun, it used to be a unique playerbase until all of the Zarpfags and darkrp kids with "mug drop 10k or die" came over and decided why not make the server about grinding and getting a supercar in a week or for the sad pricks that were carried over in the complete aids fest period would buy money which I find so funny, because you have to be at some sort of low considering some people were paying over £50 to get enough money to buy a virtual supercar. On top of all this, rules were strict 3 years ago but now its just fucking aids and limits the players from being creative which for me was why I loved perp years ago, but now you can't even make a treehouse or a drug den without some Nazi coming in and throwing your props around without even asking you to remove it so you have to spend 10 minutes actually looking for the props because a staff member decided why not throw his props across the map because I have a physgun and I have superiority over you even though I claim benefits and sit on my ass all day behind a computer screen enforcing rules for a garry's mod roleplay server (I mean seriously you are going places).

Just thought I would get this rant out there as I'm fed up with newfags crying over being raided.

First off i´m not moaning about being raided , i´m not a new player and i know what i´m doing. I have 1 month and 7 days playtime so this comment is kinda unnecesary. What i´m trying to say is that we´re losing players due to these kind of things and we should prevent it.

Reaction score
First off i´m not moaning about being raided , i´m not a new player and i know what i´m doing. I have 1 month and 7 days playtime so this comment is kinda unnecesary. What i´m trying to say is that we´re losing players due to these kind of things and we should prevent it.
I'm addressing every single person that thinks that raiding sweatervests is the cause of the server dying and what I'm saying is that it's not the raiding of sweatervests that is ruining the server it's the reasons I stated.

Reaction score
I had exactly the same and so did all sweatervests so how are you going to say this is the reason for people quitting the server

This! Getting raided by big orgs was fucking hype for me and my friends, because even if we lost 10 times, as long as beat them once we were happy. It's more fun, there's more shooting and it felt like an actual challenge for once. Until feng walks in and kills you all when you think you've won
@Fusions gun glitched at the end, never lucky

However the problem now is that the gap between a fresh player joining and someone who has already played for a year is too big.

Unfair marksmanship levels
Even higher firearms levels
More expensive guns (even pistols used to cost 2.5k, now its around 5k minimum)
Restricted defenses (provides advantage to raiders)

and other stuff that should probably be looked at rather than providing a safe space to new players.

Reaction score
Hi lets all make alt account. Power grow for 24 hours and be rich.... I disagree. It just doesn't make sense.

Reaction score
You never gatted me as a sweater, but then again I was basing with you for some parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.