Server Suggestion New tips at connection screen (with example tip)

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: New tips at connection screen (with example tip)
Suggestion Description: I'd suggest adding more useful, rather 'unknown' tips. For example the tip where you can downgrade car upgrades/kits for half of the money back.

Why should this be added?:
-  I have over 13 days played on this server, had multiple upgraded vehicles and never heard this mentioned by anyone nor read it anywhere. (sold cars without downgrading losing tons of cash)
- It will possibly safe some players a lot of money.
- Can suggest new things/ways to play the server.

What negatives could this have?:
- Costs some time to make the wallpapers etc.

Reaction score

I'd also like to refer back to this old post.

And this one about the car downgrade not being known.

Reaction score
I wonder if a system of dynamic text on static wallpapers is possible with gmod... I swear I've seen that before.
Garry's Mod's loading screen system essentially works by displaying a full-screen unclickable website on your game, pretty much anything possible on a normal website can be done to the loading screen.

Reaction score
In that case preset images with a blanked out slot for dynamic tips could work.
That's how it already works
EiYMhtT.png

Reaction score
have you got any particular tips you want added? it's all well and good saying you want more but can you give some examples

Reaction score
have you got any particular tips you want added? it's all well and good saying you want more but can you give some examples
For example:
1. You can downgrade carkits for half money back. (before selling car)
2. The raidtimer starts from the moment first door is lockpicked.
3. Silencers/Suppressors only fit at specific mag types (9x19) etc.
4. Buy a Ford Transit to fit more fish in the trunk.
5. Milk replenishes both hunger and thirst.
6. In delivery app you can rightclick to add specific number of items. (personally leftclick spammed since yesterday)

I know these aren't phrased correctly yet but you get the idea. Ill see if I come up with some other useful ones which I personally didnt know, or think is useful for new players
Just some small Quality of Life things.

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
Could just keep the same one's but just extend the amount of hints and tips. For New Players

Reaction score
Could just keep the same one's but just extend the amount of hints and tips. For New Players
Yes exactly, didnt know if the tips are/were attached to the wallpapers. But this is what I hoped for yes.

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
Yes exactly, didnt know if the tips are/were attached to the wallpapers. But this is what I hoped for yes.
Hopefully there is a way of just slide showing the tips and the pictures on the background are moving randomly at the same time.

Reaction score
Use the map app to find street names.
Right click a bandage to heal other people.
Eating while moving has higher chance to throw up.
You can sell your empty propane tanks, you can sell your empty fire extinguishers.
Press E with your fists to take someones pulse.
Etc. Basic features that not many people know about need to be added, theres also complex stuff too like "Want to make meth? The dealer might know a thing or two..." or etc

Reaction score
Bumping this one again because it came to mind again, its there a list of tips that are already implemented so I could take a look for more worthwhile tips to possibly suggest? And maybe more peeps can suggest good tips others than ones already posted beneath.

Reaction score
Some other tips that I often see questions related to in chat:

1. As a Firefighter, you can attempt CPR with your fists (press [KEYBIND]).
2. Wheel clamps can be removed with a crowbar
3. When using an advanced planter, keeping the water on LOW will provide more yield, and HIGH will provide less.
4. You should value your life over your items no matter the situation.

Reaction score
Nah loading tips are the best i feel like i become a player with every tip!!
The tips that are shown are fine, more could be added tho to help newer players. Tbf what a nonsensical reply

Reaction score
Considering this one got no replies from staff and barely any support. I’m leaving this one for what it is.