Server Suggestion Car reselling

Reaction score
Description of the idea:
Currently it is just not worth selling your car at the car dealer. You only get 50% of the value and you might have put alot of money into it.

The idea is that at the car dealer you can pickup the papers of the car you want to resell. Then if you find someone who is interested in it you can resell it to them. Might even do sale taxes over it. This way you can sell your car for what you think it is actually worth. An example:

I have an Audi RS4 which cost me 475.000 dollar. I then double upgraded it twice(280.000 dollar), added a bodykit (100.000 dollar) and a 200k paintjob. This adds up to 1.055.000 dollar. Yet I can sell it at the cardealer for 235.000 dollar. But I meet someone at bazaar who is interested in it for 500k. I grab the papers at the Cardealer and he gives me the money. When he picks up the papers the car transfers to his name. It would be better for me and for them. It also makes the grind for new cars less hard and more realistic.

If taken to a bigger scale I could buy some cars of people for just a bit under the adviced price and sell them to others at a higher price. This would mean you have a new legal way of making money.

Why should this be added? (pros):
- Player driven car market
- Less grinding
- A fun new gameplay aspect as you can now also sell and buy cars for a profit.

What negatives could this have? (cons):
- People could underprice their car. There should be a minimum like 50% of original purchase price

*Other additions:

*Images
:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm very much in favour of this, the only concern I could see happening is people can then giveaway their cars to players when they leave, which stops the "economy" cycle as money is then just passed around without being able to sink any money into something like a car. The only way I can think of combating this would be an auction house and every car has a min bid value ie 30% of the car value. Which then it still holds some form of a money sink.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5577

I'm very much in favour of this, the only concern I could see happening is people can then giveaway their cars to players when they leave, which stops the "economy" cycle as money is then just passed around without being able to sink any money into something like a car. The only way I can think of combating this would be an auction house and every car has a min bid value ie 30% of the value. Which then it still holds some form of a money sink.
I see no issues with people giving away their cars, it wouldn't happen often and someones paid for it its not like its a completely free car so the economy won't be terribly affected by this

Reaction score
We would have to be careful about people selling cars for irl funds and then just returning the money but I see no issue with this.

Deleted member 5577

We would have to be careful about people selling cars for irl funds and then just returning the money but I see no issue with this.
This is a good point however I don't see how the risk increases in regards to this compared to people just straight up selling cash

Reaction score
This is a great idea, it would make it possible for players to make their own dealerships and open up the idea of people being able to actually sell their cars for decent prices rather than just having to watch it gather rust (prime example being my Hummer lmao)

Reaction score
I then double upgraded it twice(280.000 dollar)
You can downgrade your car and get half the money back.

It also makes the grind for new cars less hard and more realistic.
From the people I have spoken too, it seems like you are able to make anywhere from 1-2 mill a day doing drugs so I mean it's not that hard?

If taken to a bigger scale I could buy some cars of people for just a bit under the adviced price and sell them to others at a higher price. This would mean you have a new legal way of making money.
You are thinking way and I mean way to realistically here IRL the reason you can go and buy a car cheaper from someone else compared to a brand new from a dealer is that it depreciates over time the more miles the cars done the more money you would need to fix issues with things needing to be replaced whereas in perp this isn't the case cars don't break in the sense of being used too much. So if I was playing perp and I bought a Lambo for 2.6 mill from the dealer when I come to sell this car to someone else I'm not really going to sell it for less because you arnt taking on any extra problems. The car will always stay in perfect condition and for this reason, I feel yes some people may use it for RP but like most things, it will just die off too soon.