Nintendo Switch Modding

Reaction score
I was thinking about Modding my Nintendo Switch and downloading the homebrew channel and that shtuff because I’m sick of how expensive Nintendo games are, even old titles. I was thinking about emulating a couple games too like mario64 and downloading some non-Nintendo titles on it like San Andreas etc.

Has anyone else done this and is it a good idea. I don’t want to fuck up my switch either.

:cat: :penguin:

1723483221539.png

Just make sure you don't get hardware banned (Unless you're using a throwaway switch) Otherwise it bricks the console.

Yeah that’s what I’m afraid of I don’t really want to lose my switch either

I don’t know a whole lot about switch modding but I don’t think it’s very easy to mod on newer models which fixed a vulnerability in the hardware compared to the day zero models? You should probably do a bit of research and see what answers are out there

Yea that's what I was going too ask so the non patched ones are great until you get too piracy, as Nintendo being Nintendo have triggers in place too stop people from playing online, For example hardware checks and the like, so if u don't plan on playing online I would still not recommend it as its way too early for homebrew and stuff even though last I heard it was decent at retro games, If u plan on going online tho I would not recommend either as nintendo has checks in place.

Thats my 2 cents tho

There is 3 methods:
  1. hardware modchip (hard to install, need someone who can solder well)
  2. Buy a old switch with old software version that can be hacked (most common, easy)
  3. Or stop updating your switch and hope a hack comes out soon for your software version some day

There is 3 methods:
  1. hardware modchip (hard to install, need someone who can solder well)
  2. Buy a old switch with old software version that can be hacked (most common, easy)
  3. Or stop updating your switch and hope a hack comes out soon for your software version some day
Yeah I have the old switch that can be hacked, just wondering what the risks are and how common something like your console being bricked actually is.

Yeah I have the old switch that can be hacked, just wondering what the risks are and how common something like your console being bricked actually is.
I know theres a lot of guides out there and I can't recommend one because I haven't kept up to date with the homebrew scene, what I can say is when setting up CFW for the unpatched old switches (where you just need to stick an RCM jig in the controller slot), the standard practice is to use an "emuNAND", basically you are installing all your custom firmware and pirated games onto a separate SD card, this leaves the normal firmware untouched and with some basic steps which should be outlined in any decent guide you follow, you have a very low chance of getting banned unless you do something stupid.

The beauty of the fusee-gelee exploit used to hack the old switches is that it is very powerful, you can back up your entire NAND and restore it if you fucked up.

I know theres a lot of guides out there and I can't recommend one because I haven't kept up to date with the homebrew scene, what I can say is when setting up CFW for the unpatched old switches (where you just need to stick an RCM jig in the controller slot), the standard practice is to use an "emuNAND", basically you are installing all your custom firmware and pirated games onto a separate SD card, this leaves the normal firmware untouched and with some basic steps which should be outlined in any decent guide you follow, you have a very low chance of getting banned unless you do something stupid.

The beauty of the fusee-gelee exploit used to hack the old switches is that it is very powerful, you can back up your entire NAND and restore it if you fucked up.
This helped a lot actually, I was wondering what the whole NAND shenanigans were. As long as I have a backup and it wont fuck up my switch I feel pretty safe doing it.

Good luck let me know how it goes would u
Got it up and running now, downloaded a few games and trying to emulate some more now. It took a while to get it working but its cool to have it done now.

downloaded a few games
MAqkZdU.png

Back