not epic!!!

Reaction score
hello my fellow epic gamers
today i upgraded my pc again but it seems to literally turn off while i am playing a game. Its random af and i don't know whats causing it.

my specs:
Ryzen 7 1700X
GTX 1080
cheap ass micro-star A320M
2 sticks of 4gb generic ass ram running at 1000Mhz
200GB SSD and 1TB hard drive

Did not crash on 3dmark benchmark
the only problem i had while building it is that i only have 1 fan port on the motherboard so i gotta buy a splitter to get both fans working ( its not overheating it runs at 52 degrees while in game right now)

any suggestions thanks xxx

Reaction score
did the chef paycheck come in or was this one the child benefits you dirty fucking scrounger

Reaction score
If you changed your case see if its not shorting itself with like a loose screw or if it's installed on any stand offs to prevent shorting. As for the Ram is it 1000mhz total? Check taskmanager, it should probably be 2000mhz which is very low for Ryzen and just wasted performance. Check your motherboards support page/cpu and see what ram speed it supports, enable XMP/DOCP and run it at the rated Ram speed without crashing or failing to even post (this should be safe to do, my asus board just fails 2 times then forces me to run into the bios in safe mode, you may have to short your CMOS pins if its stuck booting up). Also check if the ram is running in dual channel (both sticks in the same coloured slot or its slot 1 empty slot 2 filled slot 3 empty slot 4 filled)
if your cpu is also overclocked reset it and maybe give it a higher VCore voltage with a offset (0.0250 should be fine, or do manual with 1.25v or 1.30v)
update your cpu chipset by uninstalling the old one first with AMD Cleanup Utility

All I have on mind right now. Use Asus Realbench stresstest or Prime95 to see if its stable for 15 mins.

Reaction score
Oh lord just noticed how shit your cute mini-itx motherboard is which might be the culprit

Get a full sized ATX B450 motherboard from Gigabyte if your case supports that form factor. If you want a better BIOS go for boards from Asus, MSI boards for AM4 are trash as I've heard so don't bother.

Reaction score
If you changed your case see if its not shorting itself with like a loose screw or if it's installed on any stand offs to prevent shorting. As for the Ram is it 1000mhz total? Check taskmanager, it should probably be 2000mhz which is very low for Ryzen and just wasted performance. Check your motherboards support page/cpu and see what ram speed it supports, enable XMP/DOCP and run it at the rated Ram speed without crashing or failing to even post (this should be safe to do, my asus board just fails 2 times then forces me to run into the bios in safe mode, you may have to short your CMOS pins if its stuck booting up). Also check if the ram is running in dual channel (both sticks in the same coloured slot or its slot 1 empty slot 2 filled slot 3 empty slot 4 filled)
if your cpu is also overclocked reset it and maybe give it a higher VCore voltage with a offset (0.0250 should be fine, or do manual with 1.25v or 1.30v)
update your cpu chipset by uninstalling the old one first with AMD Cleanup Utility

All I have on mind right now. Use Asus Realbench stresstest or Prime95 to see if its stable for 15 mins.

Oh lord just noticed how shit your cute mini-itx motherboard is which might be the culprit

Get a full sized ATX B450 motherboard from Gigabyte if your case supports that form factor. If you want a better BIOS go for boards from Asus, MSI boards for AM4 are trash as I've heard so don't bother.

Im thinking of upgrading the ram in the coming days to 2x8gb 3000MHz each. The current ram is 1000Mhz each.
I don't think the motherboard is the problem, it can support up to 32gb at 2.4Ghz, see here
Case is also on standoffs i think