Overclocking

Reaction score
Hello bois, I'm looking to overclock my Ryzen 5 1600 3.4 Ghz and potentially push it to a stable 3.8 Ghz if I was lucky in the silicon lottery aswell as push my RAM to 3000Mhz as Ryzen benefits from high RAM Mhz. If anyone has any experience in overclocking and stability testing then please tell me, I've never done this before and I have a feeling I would overvolt and fry the fuck out of my CPU or fuck my RAM up in some way, fanks.

I might get an aftermarket heat sink but the stock heat sink from Ryzen is actually pretty good and I'm at 65°C on full load or lower. My motherboard should be able to handle it aswell, specs are below. I will be using AMD Ryzen Master to overclock my CPU, UEFI to OC my RAM. If you have any good heat sinks for AM4 then tell me.
Current values:
t3OnQvQ.png

PSU is able to handle OC and deliver all the power needed.
Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming Mainboard Sockel AM4
8GB (2x4GB) Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400 CL16 UDIMM

Reaction score
you need an aftermarket cooler imo

i got my cpu from 3.6 to 5ghz on an aftermarket cooler and run at around 75 on max load, cooler master hyper 212 evo is very good and quite cheap

Reaction score
you need an aftermarket cooler imo

i got my cpu from 3.6 to 5ghz on an aftermarket cooler and run at around 75 on max load, cooler master hyper 212 evo is very good and quite cheap

what cpu goes from 3.6 to 5 ghz?

what in the fuck

Reaction score
Try increasing clock speed 100 mhz at a time together with a 0.1 V boost. Do a quick 30 minute stress test in your preferred program (I like Aida64 and Prime95). If it's stable, try pushing the clock 100 mhz more. If it isn't try, push the volt up more, though I don't like having it higher than 1.35 V. Try to keep temps under 80 c. This is what I did to get my 4.6 Ghz on an 6700k. Works great.

I recommend getting a cooler, as having a lower temperature means you're able to hit better clocks.

Reaction score
Just leave it, it's not worth the 2 extra frames
I know I'm late but it's very worth it and it's not just 2 extra frames. If you still think overclocking is useless look at some benchmark results on the new Ryzen APU, you'll see a big difference.
Stock
nzvbd6te7kqy.png

Mine at 3.8
eJggQLE.png

Different saved results troughout, second one was my most recent and highest after I turned off all applications (others had Relive enabled, turns out it has some impact on the results as you can see from my previous scores where I had it enabled)

Thanks to those that helped, I'll be getting a new motherboard though as overclocking with it is aids (also need better VRM)