Paintball

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wanted to see if there's anyone else in the community who plays Paintball.

If yes. Do you have your own equipment? What markers do you own?
What type of paintball do you enjoy most?

Shit vid from 3 weeks ago. Speedball amateur tournament:

Reaction score
Waiting for the airsoft nerd to come dumpster fire this thread…

I used to do woodsball a lot.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Waiting for the airsoft nerd to come dumpster fire this thread…
I originally wanted to start with airsoft, but I would get too frustrated with people cheating. Also there isn't much of a competitive sport within paintball.

I used to do woodsball a lot.
I started out with Woodsball, with rented markers, but bought a cheap electronic marker (Proto SLG) quite quickly. Then bought a Proto Rail (PMR-09) and moved to speedball, since the marker can actually compete with the 600€+ ones.
Woodsball is great though! Completely different playstyle and a lot cheaper overall. Did you have your own gear or did you rent?

Reaction score
I originally wanted to start with airsoft, but I would get too frustrated with people cheating. Also there isn't much of a competitive sport within paintball.

I started out with Woodsball, with rented markers, but bought a cheap electronic marker (Proto SLG) quite quickly. Then bought a Proto Rail (PMR-09) and moved to speedball, since the marker can actually compete with the 600€+ ones.
Woodsball is great though! Completely different playstyle and a lot cheaper overall. Did you have your own gear or did you rent?
Rented gear, god bless the tippman FT12

Reaction score
  • Staff
Rented gear, god bless the tippman FT12
Bro the FT12 is honestly so decent for a rent-a-marker type. They're cheap, reliable, robust and surprisingly accurate even with the shittiest of paint. I got to use it once when my marker failed and it somehow was more accurate...

My club has Tippman 98 Customs and some weird silver ones for rent and they are nowhere as good.

Reaction score

I've never convinced myself into paintball, but airsoft was my hobby for a long time untill ~3 years ago. I have to agree that cheating is a huge factor and very often happen to be frustrating, but that is why me and my friends resolved mostly to open terrain milsim games and collecting military equipment to match our gear with these used in the army. I'm quite sure that I've spent more time being lost in the forest than actually shooting, but it still was incredibly fun.

5/6 years old photo of me in gear used by Polish army in Afghanistan around 2009, we were going around the city collecting money for charity

wosp2.png

Reaction score
  • Staff
I'm quite sure that I've spent more time being lost in the forest than actually shooting, but it still was incredibly fun.
That's another thing that made me kind of turn away from it. I like face-paced action. Even when I played Woodsball, I always wondered around and then got shot from the most bizarre spots into my bizarre spots.

Reaction score
I've never convinced myself into paintball, but airsoft was my hobby for a long time untill ~3 years ago. I have to agree that cheating is a huge factor and very often happen to be frustrating, but that is why me and my friends resolved mostly to open terrain milsim games and collecting military equipment to match our gear with these used in the army. I'm quite sure that I've spent more time being lost in the forest than actually shooting, but it still was incredibly fun.

5/6 years old photo of me in gear used by Polish army in Afghanistan around 2009, we were going around the city collecting money for charity

View attachment 18984
imagine the police response if you tried this in the US
AdobeStock_309924577-1-scaled.jpeg

Reaction score
imagine the police response if you tried this in the US
AdobeStock_309924577-1-scaled.jpeg
Haha, that's true. Luckly back in the day in Poland it was common for airsoft community to engage in activities like that, so police had friendly approach and usually shown interest in our gear, I don't recall a single incident where they got mad at us for wandering with gun replicas