Paralake in Unreal Engine

Reaction score
Did some more work on roads today which are really nearing completion, i'd say they are about 50% done and i just have to do some more roads inside suburbs and business, then i'll move on to parks, sidewalks and the forest. Tested out some things at beach and while this area is still really bland i decided to render what i did today because why not! I kinda just wanted to show off the amount of detail in the roads and especially the road making details, which i only applied to the parking lot. i will be replacing the textures of the main roads but they are ok for now.

also did some preparation for free roaming, you'll spawn as a first person character and you can choose from around 5 vehicles parked at PD, and step in and out of them at any time should you wish to do so. Noclip will be an option aswell. There will be NPC vehicles and birds to make the map a bit more alive, maybe.
dont forget to watch in 4K!

40597a6c.png

the detail on even small decals is INSANE
26e178d8.jpg

original, for comparison
dff0aa34.jpg

Reaction score
Ive laid the ground work for multiplayer, this means that when i release this, we can play together on a server and screw around a bit. There will be cars available aswell as a HD monorail :)

Also, heres me figuring out how an appartement should look. Watch in 4k!

Reaction score
You’d probably like learning CAD if you haven’t already. I could never find interest in any of this but I absolutely love CAD work, and because of it I got a summer job with my dads company out of it working with some engineers. Pretty cool stuff 10/10 recommend. It’s also extremely easy. Completely off topic but I thought I would nudge.

Reaction score
im renovating my room so i've got a bit of CAD experience from that, it was pretty fun though engineering isnt really a thing im into tho, but im planning to learn it better for some DIY projects and CAM

Reaction score
yeah i'm really stoked on working on the forest! it will probably be the best part of the map

Reaction score
i mean yeah we could totally, i could do it but i dont want to 'steal the gamemode idea' from the current devs if you know what i mean, curious on their opinion tho it could just be Identity where it doesn't suck

JRW

Reaction score
Devs Love $$$$ @Creepis plus they wouldnt let us use "perpheads" without any sort of payment. Gmod is outdated this game would be unreal. Pardon the pun

Reaction score
@JRW yeah definitely doable but it while take some time tho, for now ill just 100% focus on the map