[Alpha release] Paralake V5 in Source 2 (S&Box required)

Reaction score
2ySJIJr.jpeg

Hello. Some of you might remember my Unreal 5 project, where I ported Paralake into Unreal Engine 5. This port fully exists! But all you can really do is noclip in a nicely designed environment .
With the release of source 2 tools over the past months I've decided to try and give porting source 1 assets over to source 2. IT IS A NIGHTMARE. But, with ALOT of trial and error, debugging, porting and tooling, we made it! I personally prefer the workflow of Unreal engine; but honestly, considering what is already possible in a very broken development toolkit for a game that is not yet released, I don't mind it.

The purpose of this release
You can do what you want with it, use it for your own S&Box tinkering on a map you know and love! For me, this was a learning experience

Future plans?
Once V6 gets released, i will re-port the map, and start re-building the map with PBR (If you don't know: Pretty , shiny, 8K textures) and modern, high res props from the megascans asset library.

Requirements:
-
S&Box

Known issues:
Compiling in the S&box resource compiler causes all the models to fuck off, so if you decompile this, use the half life alyx tools.
- Glass and water textures are for the majority of them, missing or broken.
- Doors and elevators do not function as they should.
- Complex textures like suburbs rooftop are missing.
- Monorail borked.
- The fish is still a murderous asshole.

Installation:
1. Aquire S&Box
2. Run 'Sandbox'
3. Click 'Create game' (I recommend you select 1 player only, so people do not screw around on your 'server')
4. Under map selection; select:​

Paralake_V5_S&box​

Pdr0HAN.jpeg

Last edited: