Paralake in Unreal Engine

JRW

Reaction score
@Sneaky thats the main thing! A talented coder behind you could be very good. Think a go fund me is a great idea personally could be something very good

Reaction score
@JRW once map is like, 70% complete and i've finished networking and some guns, i can make a nice trailer.

Reaction score
the daily cinematic videos i planned on doing actually take alot of effort so i decided only to do them when i've 100% completed a part of the map, so when city hall is fully done, instead of only the outside. As a compromise, i will be streaming all progress! as i said with all the assets i needed gathered and imported the streams wont just be waiting simulator.

instead of the update video; you can watch what i have done today below. sorry for the mumbling sometimes but it's hard to talk when you are focussing on not waking up the house, and i dont hear my voice because of my headphones, xd. i was also pretty tired.

i talk more ~10 minutes into the vid, i mostly go over the work of the road, answered a few of @DJ Conyo 's questions and talk about some plans and ideas

starts from 4:30

Reaction score
If you cannot be arsed to watch the streams, i will make some unedited videos demonstrating stuff.
The video below isn't rendered like the others. This is 100% 'In game' recorded while im playing! To explain how good/bad the performance is, this is running ontop of the unreal engine software, while im recording. Im doing this on a laptop running a GTX 1650 and an I7-9750H. 0 optimizations whatsoever so trust me, if you have a ryzen 2600 and a gtx 1060, you'll be more than fine! even a 1050 should pull through if you've got 4gb+ vram

I invite you to join me on the new improved paralake roads(80% complete in layout), while listening to some Joe Cocker!

Oh and dont worry about how shit the car physics are, the roads need information on what kind of road they are(ice, mud, concrete etc) and i havent done that yet so the car assumes its ice for some retarded reason

Last edited:

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
G9M25SW.png
Like XQ and Stephen

Deleted member 5577

This is so cool! If you go to make this a full standalone game, although I've never worked with UE4, I'd love to help out and learn as I go I've got so many ideas racing through my head of how different features could work and the good thing about this is if the map was every outgrown it could be easily expanded.

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, this looks absolutely great! I imagine this looks 1000x Better than G'mod and even would run much smoother than actual Gmod if that as a standalone mod.

Reactions: JRW