PerpHeads | 2 Years Running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
logo.png

As the Community has just celebrated its 2 year anniversary we thought we’d make this thread to commemorate this milestone. To start off here’s a piece from @StephenPuffs about the community’s history and how the server came to be:

Perpheads was derived from Jarheads which was the name of an organization all 4 owners (Fredy, Xquality, Tanges, and myself) met and played as for quite some time on a different server and since we all loved how PERP was, and that ****heads usually means you're a fan of something, and perp also meaning criminals which PERP is kind of based off of, Perpheads made perfect sense.

That server eventually decided to stop and we all still had each other added from Steam. After a number of months the owners of the old server (VS3 for those interested) contacted Xquality asking if he would have any interest in them relaunching, which he said yes to and contacted me about it shortly after. During the time in which they were relaunching Xquality and myself aimed to help develop content for them (neither of us being experienced in how to create anything for Source, and the documentation was a pain in the butt to learn, but eventually we both learned the rough basics of it all so we created several of the skins/models and a lil more basic version of our old map, rp_evocity_v33x_perpheads, however the iteration you all played on was modified further since the owners of that server decided not to use the modified version and just use rp_evocity_v33x instead. After helping create all this content for them they refused to mention Xquality or myself as developers for them or even anything about premium, so we pretty much cut out of there and the way the server was maintained lead to its failure not long after release. Fredy tried to play on the server to see how good the relaunch was but he was not impressed so he and Xquality started to talk in which Fredy suggested that he could create a better server and thereby the origins of Perpheads you are used to started mostly with Xquality and Fredy. In which Fredy would code in several ideas pitched to him by Xquality, who contacted me about a week after getting all that going. I had no knowledge of how to code in LUA at that point, I was quite good with Expression2 (E2) from wiremod, and by trade I am trained in Computer Science, but never saw or used LUA before. So for a couple weeks I helped Xqualtiy refine his ideas into what would be the best and more important things to add, and I helped produce some models as well as deconstruct some for the weapon components you are familiar with. Seeing as I had more input into the development of the server unlike the previous one Xquality and myself had tried to assist with, I decided that I may try to help Fredy do some coding, which took quite some time for me to understand how everything was laid out and how LUA itself would run/be coded.

At this point you might be asking, but where's Tanges in all of this? Tanges, as mentioned earlier, was a member of our organization and since he was going to school for some computer related courses, we assigned him the task of creating and maintaining the website. Yes, this website, as well as when we used a different style of forums, for those who remember back then.

By no means am I the original owner, if anyone were to be assigned that title it would be both Fredy and Xquality as they both originally started this going with ideas and the code to back it up. But to all four of us, it doesn't really matter who was first or gets the most input, it's a matter of creating what we view to be the best and most realistic server of this type, and we will continue to add to its greatness. Yes some people may not like every decision we do, but we are far from the full picture of how we want it to fully be so some changes may seem unpopular at that time but as it develops further it will both make sense and fit in seamlessly. Like how the delivery job might seem a bit strange right now, but as we add more things, that job will gain more demand and fit into the community much better than it does today. Anyways, I'm sure you're tired of reading this by now, but that's the rough history of Perpheads, why the name and how it came to be. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask me and I can answer them.

Some facts and figures about the Community:

• The server was opened to the public on 05/07/2013
  • 18,577 unique members, coming from 91 different countries, have connected to the Server.

• The total playtime of every user on the Server is 424,865 hours which is almost 50 Years.
  • The combined time played on Garrysmod by every registered member on the forums is 1,143,650 hours which is 130 Years
  • There have been 1446 unique premium users, 236 of which are currently premium.

• In total all users are in possession of $697,394,727

• There are 1,581,447 items in existence on the Server.

• 1049 Accessories are currently being worn.

• There are currently 616 organizations.
  • There are 2,009 registered members on the forum.

• There are 61,870 messages on the forums.

• 30% of all users who have tried a job exam still haven’t passed.

• There are 53 whitelisted police supervisors
  • Since v2 was released (August 2014) the staff team have answered 36,211 reports.
  • Since 30/03/2014 6,375 warnings have been distributed.

• Since 23/07/2013 5,288 bans have been given.
  • 6,137 users have been blacklisted from a job.

• For your interest here is the old rules list (https://perpheads.com/rules.txt)

• There have been a total of 94 staff members (listed below):
Fredy
StephenPuffs
Tanges
Xquality

Bolli
Luke
Renato

Swiper the Fox
MoronPipllyd
Alex
Menta
Snafu
Narcotics

Loejseren
Gix
Mannerwaffel
Standish
Rutger
Leyer32
Carrot
LiquifiedCactus
C2W
Fexxe
Ind
Isak
Ayjay
Sgt.James
Nate Sparks
Ragnarock
Ruby
Razertje
StrangyNekoSan
Toffelfabriken
Ghostfanta
Chaddy
Ben Lockwood

Ash
Blicky
Chris
John Daymon
Jon Godinn
MattIsMadForCod
MrLewis
Niko
Riekelt
The-Devils-Son
Bullyreece
Cole
Walker
HolyShititsDannyD
arron/faith
LEWIS 088
LiLSam
M0R3TANK1NG
Chrissy
Michael Bishop
Mikey
Mr.Nice
Murtsley
Pear
Prepper
SenlinGames
3bitzeret
Alabin
Bankai
Blackdown
EVIL
Homer
Stomper
Tobi
Trande
Zetamus
Bajar
Twitty
DeadlyGamer5

Hax
Dudeh
Nuka
Pepitoz
Creepis
Madda
PhlyTrikx
Johnny183
moenchy
Acerius
Reiss Howard
Napoleon Boneparte
Unstoppable Fish
Jack Flagg
D3V
Robin Ljungberg

Jjackier
RihskyHD
BelgLmfao
ernierock
ShamWow

There are some staff members who have displayed a particular Merit in their Administration work over the past two years:
  • @Ben Lockwood currently holds the highest recorded report count with 2804 responded reports which is 7.5% of the total report count since V2 was released.
  • @Bolli is the longest serving member of the Administration team, holding a position within the team since August 2013
  • @Swiper The Fox was voted as the Community's most favoured staff member in 2014:
7E16UcGpsnrp48IYKiWYAHo01qQsCC3j5tSt550vE2xPSaeV5FBbxDR-M-7zGKh6iU2Hh8GGcYM8aHzgKQzjp3Go3ftS485raN3nXW_hFRW6xt2_GhmHA9EfFSAR82w1ou-weLs

• @Swiper The Fox has handed out 264 bans which is the highest amount of distributed bans.
  • @AyJay was the fastest Staff Member to obtain Admin, climbing the ladder from Enforcer to Administrator in the space of 2 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.