PERPHeads Performance Guide (2024)

Reaction score
And if I go with used, a 3070 is better in my case to avoid the problems? I mean it supposedly performs better than a 6700 XT and costs less anyway at the moment

i might upgrade to a 4060 to keep things low cost if it’s compatible

My cpu is a Ryzen 5 3600
Sure, see if you can grab a 3070 Ti if the price difference isn't all too high compared to a 3070.

Reaction score
It’s funny how GTA 5 performs better than garrys mod on my old laptop.
Yes.. Because HL2 came out in 2004 on which Gmod is made. Back then GPUs were not nearly as good so they decided to make the CPU do all the heavy lifting. It was never made for 64 players let alone 128.

Reaction score
Yes.. Because HL2 came out in 2004 on which Gmod is made. Back then GPUs were not nearly as good so they decided to make the CPU do all the heavy lifting. It was never made for 64 players let alone 128.
Well I’m sure we’ll rely on good programmers in the community to implement efficient code to keep this game going.

Reaction score
Sure, see if you can grab a 3070 Ti if the price difference isn't all too high compared to a 3070.
I find the used market sets 3070 around 190-350$ while the 3070 ti is 350-600$ with a reputable seller on used 3070 ti selling them for 400$ flat

Reaction score
this made my fps really good but its causing me to rubberband in game now as if im lagging, any fix?

Reaction score
The explanation why the game run shit is very good but I dont want the snake oil
Funnily enough I said the exact same to phoondos about the snake oil lol

I'm not sure if Process Lasso really does anything. Maybe not in Garry's Mod because its so old, I'm not even sure if it did anything in Tarkov when I used it. It was useful for unparking my cores I guess?

We just have to face it, we're dealing with a 20 year old engine.

Reaction score
Funnily enough I said the exact same to phoondos about the snake oil lol

I'm not sure if Process Lasso really does anything. Maybe not in Garry's Mod because its so old, I'm not even sure if it did anything in Tarkov when I used it. It was useful for unparking my cores I guess?

We just have to face it, we're dealing with a 20 year old engine.
it's negligible at best but still gives some performance benefit, i just like squeezing as much performance as i can, and its good practice for other games, which is why i added the fact that this guide works for any game later

Reaction score
I edited the guide to provide more clarity. If you truly care about your general gaming performance, use the guide linked at the bottom. It’s insanely good.

Reaction score

Here’s a list of computer part list for my pc when I sell my RX 6600 and buy a used 3070 ti to replace. I didn’t get the exact PSU but I estimate it’s that 750 watt, I know it’s Corsair. And I didn’t get exact brand storage but it’s same storage capacity.

Let me know any criticism on that plan! I know cpu might bottleneck gpu but I plan on upgrading that too anyway

Reaction score
You don't need to to for corsair, sea sonic does great PSU's too. They're probably similar quality for a cheaper price

Reaction score

Here’s a list of computer part list for my pc when I sell my RX 6600 and buy a used 3070 ti to replace. I didn’t get the exact PSU but I estimate it’s that 750 watt, I know it’s Corsair. And I didn’t get exact brand storage but it’s same storage capacity.

Let me know any criticism on that plan! I know cpu might bottleneck gpu but I plan on upgrading that too anyway
Ryzen 5 5600x over the 3600, not much price difference and worth it, or at least get the 3600x if you are settling for the 3600 for now. But as you say if you are upgrading soon may as well save for a ryzen 7 5600x that will pair well with your new 3070ti.

Reaction score
Ryzen 5 5600x over the 3600, not much price difference and worth it, or at least get the 3600x if you are settling for the 3600 for now. But as you say if you are upgrading soon may as well save for a ryzen 7 5600x that will pair well with your new 3070ti.
I mean I really want to upgrade my GPU first. So I will sell my old GPU, get the new GPU, then sell my CPU and buy the new cpu. You’re right 5600X ain’t all that much more so it shouldn’t be hard.

Reaction score
You don't need to to for corsair, sea sonic does great PSU's too. They're probably similar quality for a cheaper price
When I built my pc I wanted to get sea sonic but they weren’t available so i settled for Corsair

The list above is parts of my pc I already HAVE except the 3070 ti because that’s in place of my current RX 6600 that I am planning on selling to afford buying a used 3070 ti as replacement.