PERPHEADS: Support thread for everyone with MHI.

Reaction score
logo.png

Mental health issues in PH.

I decided that I'm going to make this thread because a few people that I know personally have this "hidden" depression or hiding that they're actually stressed but the fact that they're hiding it can cause the person to become stressed and feel that they're physically incapable of finding support as they may find their mental illness embarrassing or could potentially be shy.

Now depending on your mental issue it could be from many different causes this could be intellectual problems, physical problems or actually emotional and this may have been because of a bad upbringing or just you're development as a young adult and you may feel as if everything is against "you".

Different types of mental health issues are below:
  • Bipolar
    Schizophrenia
    Anxiety
    Paranoia
    Stress
So you're probably sitting there saying, whys Aaron making this thread? well my exact thought too but the reason I decided to make this was to actually let people know that you can tell people and everybody needs to get something off the chest at some point in your youth or when you're a young adult, I have done it before and trust me it feels 100% worth it in the end telling someone how you feel.

138927-200.png

Now the major problem which I have faced myself when discovering someone you love suffers from a mental health issue is absolutely heart breaking, you're sitting there one day and then your heart drops and you breath heavily waiting to find news that someone you love has either passed away or attempted to take their own life and the thought of this is disgusting, I used to know a guy and too be honest he looked as if he was find and actually he wasn't he always used to come and talk about his cats and how he'd love to work with animals however it came to a very big discovery that in December last year he hung himself. This man lived alone and no one ever knew in our road that he was depressed and I hope you come clean at the end if you do suffer from mental health issues.

1.png

However what I'm going to offer is actually some support for that person to come and talk to anyone or actually feel welcome and tell people about how their day has been or to actually speak about what problems they may face just to make them feel as if they're the same as us which they are as they're just normal people.

Like I said above, everybody needs help at some point in life and this is what I'm saying just tell people what you're suffering with and don't let it be hidden.

PH is with you all the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
A lot of times anxiety can be linked to depression and vice versa.

From personal experience when i would have the anxiety attacks i would try and take a moment to chill and concentrate on something, sometimes running cold water on the wrists and concentrating on that can help.

sometimes its also good to get shit of ur chest so try speaking to a friend or family or theres always phone lines that can help. (and no im not on about the sex chatlines.)

so theses are some of the signs of depression
  • Difficulty concentrating, remembering details, and making decisions
  • Fatigue and decreased energy
  • Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, and/or helplessness
  • Feelings of hopelessness and/or pessimism
  • Insomnia, early-morning wakefulness, or excessive sleeping
  • Irritability, restlessness
  • Loss of interest in activities or hobbies once pleasurable, including sex
  • Overeating or appetite loss
  • Persistent aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems that do not ease even with treatment
  • Persistent sad, anxious, or "empty" feelings
  • Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts
( source http://www.webmd.com/depression/guide/detecting-depression#1)

Just because ur having 1 shit day don't jump to the conclusion that you have depression, if you say something enough times you will end up believing the lie.

If you feel like you or some one else needs to get checked for any signs or mental health please don't hesitate in doing it, one of the hardest things is asking for help but it gets alot easier from then on trust me.

M

Reaction score
I am also happy to talk to anyone in confidence who feels that they need to open up about these kinds of issues, I have volunteered in a MH institute in the past. Good on you for making this thread mate.