PH CS:GO Tournament Closure & Feedback

M

Reaction score
dbqhfht.jpg

It's been a long time since you've heard from the tournament, so it's time to put some closure to it. Last month, I put together a makeshift tournament since the community had been waiting for one for some time; time that Jordan unfortunately didn't have.
We played 13 matches over those couple of weeks, and unfortunately due to caveats in the initial organization as well as general lack of availability, we've gone no further; the hype is gone and it's probably best to bury this now.

As a result, there are no clear winners. The following standings will remain:
- Harpers reached the final.
- De_Goons, Cykablyad.ru and Unity reached the semi-finals.
(Unless Goons/Cykablyad arrange a match)

There were problems with this tournament.
Because it was set up so hastily, not as much thought was able to go into the regulations and/or scheduling. Rules didn't stay consistent; no proactive procedures were in place to deal with cheating.

But I'm sure people will join me in saying that it was otherwise a thoroughly enjoyable community experience.

As mentioned previously, @Kitty will be joining me in organizing a tournament for early December. We will be arranging everything well in advance, with prizes, scheduling, casting and marshals ready for the day we start. Most importantly, we know the mistakes that were made this time, and we'll ensure that absolutely everything runs smoothly this time.

You can expect information on that within the next few days.

I am sorry that the tournament died out, but I'm certain that we can smash out a successful tournament this winter.

If you have feedback, please respond to this thread or contact me VIA PM.