Server Suggestion Playtime requirement for jobs with power

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Playtime requirement for jobs with power
Suggestion Description: Add playtime requirements to jobs such as law enforcement officers or any job with a weapon for that matter.

Why should this be added?:
- Recently a wave of players joined and claimed to be fans of a youtuber that recently joined this server to run laps around gmod rpers (i loved that video) anyways, they simply got the answers for the police quiz and got police, they then proceeded to arrest at least a quarter of the server and then left without punishment (yes i reported this im not here to talk about this though)

- Prevents RDM

- Prevents major rules from being broken

What negatives could this have?:
- Prevents new players from getting jobs such as the ones listed here

Reaction score
Would you be able to define "power"?

If people really want to minge they will find a way, all you need is a car, or even worse, a prop and a physgun.

Blocking content from players based on their playtime is a silly idea in my opinion. Even if it makes minging a tiny bit harder it does not justify the heavy impact on the experience of people actually wanting to play.

Minges already get dealt with quite fast by staff anyway

Reaction score
Would you be able to define "power"?

If people really want to minge they will find a way, all you need is a car, or even worse, a prop and a physgun.

Blocking content from players based on their playtime is a silly idea in my opinion. Even if it makes minging a tiny bit harder it does not justify the heavy impact on the experience of people actually wanting to play.

Minges already get dealt with quite fast by staff anyway
thats fair enough to be honest

the way i would define power in this context is the ability to carry a weapon

Reaction score
How long would you suggest the play time to be until they can get “power” because some people could want to join just to play police for example

Reaction score
How long would you suggest the play time to be until they can get “power” because some people could want to join just to play police for example
until they drop the new player title i guess

Reaction score
I think it should be a bit less time than that other wise people would have to spend 72 hours play time just to be able to play police
i think thats fair enough i mean u would be surprised what some minges would be willing to do

Reaction score
thats fair enough to be honest

the way i would define power in this context is the ability to carry a weapon

This was already tested in the past and it was very counter productive. People used to start at the rank of Probationary Officer and only after they'd be promoted to Officer and get access to a gun. It didnt work for the reasons I stated above, It didnt stop the minges but significantly impacts the gameplay of those who want to enjoy the game

Reaction score
This was already tested in the past and it was very counter productive. People used to start at the rank of Probationary Officer and only after they'd be promoted to Officer and get access to a gun. It didnt work for the reasons I stated above, It didnt stop the minges but significantly impacts the gameplay of those who want to enjoy the game
ah didnt know that

Reaction score
I agree they’re willing to do a lot but that’s why we have staff members which get rid of them pretty quickly
they were recently tested on their ability to counter police but if i say anything more than that i will get suspended and this will get deleted

Reaction score
-1, This isnt fair for new people who actually wants to enjoy playing on the server. When I first started on the server, I went straight to become a Cop and I enjoyed playing as one. Time limits are boring and makes you loose interest in playing.

Reaction score
This was a thing when I joined and it wasn’t very fun. I’d rather bestow responsibility to new players and just see them fuck up.

If your definition of “power” is the ability to have a gun, bear in mind they can just go to bazaar and buy one, or an experienced player could just give them a free gun since there new, or even by posting on the forums they get a gun, It’s easier to get one as a civ than join a job that has one, because only 2 jobs have guns and 1 of them requires you to register a PLPD online account.

In some respects this is already a thing: Applying for TFU requires you to have 7 days playtime. In terms of TFU, this is not only a good idea, but it’s already implemented. In terms of regular officers? Not necessary.

Reaction score
I think there is much more we can do to support new officers rather than create barriers.

How often do you patrol with new officers? How often do you make IAs when policies are broken, no matter how petty?

Should we increased the OR requirement to increase the amount of observed patrols?

Even add more features to senior officers to make it more attractive to progress, that way encouraging development within the PLPD.

I truly believe the answer is not deterring new players but motivating them to be better.

We all know PERP is a unique server, they probably don’t even know how serious the PD is.