Dispatcher Access

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/dispatcher-access.18034/

Main Idea: Improved permissions for dispatchers while on duty

Full description of the idea: This suggestion is pretty simple, it is just adding improved permissions for the dispatcher while using the police database. This can mean having access to house records, vehicle records and phone numbers which police supervisors have access to.

Why should it be added?: As it stands, the dispatcher has little to no use when it comes to the police database. They cannot search for homes, cannot find out who just called and cannnot locate a stolen vehicle and release an APB for the lieutenants to handle with. I personally feel like the dispatcher should be able to help out using the police database more often, as the dispatcher is allready sitting on a chair at a computer. This would encourage officers to check with the dispatcher over the radio regarding ownerships e.t.c.

A Scenario

An officer who witnesses a wrecklessly driving vehicle infront of him calls into dispatch: "Dispatch this is Alpha 1," dispatch would reply,"Go ahead Alpha 1," the officer would proceed to ask who owns the vehicle infront of them and describe it. The dispatcher could then pull up a list of names and the officer could identify one by their appearance. The process would take about ten seconds. Then the dispatcher could warn the officer of any flags, or the officer could check the database, and the vehicle would be pulled over and removed.

Pros:
-
Would encourage people to become a dispatcher
- Provides another way officers can get information, rather than crashing on the highway
- Fairly simple suggestion, shouldn't be hard to impliment if accepted
- Encourages use of the Police Database by Dispatchers

Cons:
- Could be too OP for this rank

*Other additions:
- Fix the database which shows up behind the dispatcher interface every time you press f3 while sitting on the dispatcher chair

Reaction score
Certain aspects of your suggestion is a very good idea however others are simply not what dispatchers would have access to in real life.
The ability to handle warrants for example a dispatcher would not have access to in real life.
However even though this could be used quite well I see no point in it as when someone wants something that only a supervisor can give they don't normally go though dispatch.

I'm sort of neutral on this idea.

Reaction score
As I am not a dispatcher myself. This seems like nice idea and a great addition to the roleplay experience

Deleted member 4084

I am a dispatcher. Just to inform you, you can press F3 whilst in the chair (have to be a bit quick) and both the dispatcher menu and the Police Computer will appear. As long as you are the right rank, you will have access to many things.
I'm a Sergeant, so I have access to the reprimands tab.

I'd like to see it implanted (possibly) if the names on top of houses are removed. Police could then contact dispatch (if any) for a house-check.
I stand neutral with this, the decision comes down to @LEWIS 088 I believe.
However @Fredy and his team has to implement this (if it's added to a 'tab' at the top of the dispatch menu saying "Police Computer" Then another tab to the left of it saying "Dispatcher Control"

Edit:
I only would allow access to the computer for Senior Officer+ if it were up to me.

Reaction score
Denied

Due to the length of time this thread has been open, it will now be moved to the Denied section.

Status
Not open for further replies.