Police LED Traffic Signs: The Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/police-led-traffic-signs.17154

Main idea:
Add a new configurable LED sign
Description: The sign would be placed down and can be collected from the NPC vendor. You press E on it to edit the text on the sign which can be used to divert cars at the scene of major incidents such as vehicle collisions.

Why our current equipment is not ideal:
UQnVv0e.jpg

How the LED sign would work:
pu03G2o.jpg

This was suggested before?
It was moved to denied due to the introduction of this new system.

Why should this be added?
For reasons stated in the 'Pros' section. Here is the feedback from the discussion post:
ae62c37799.png
All of the following community members support this suggestion: @JeffM, @SGT Masterchief, @Murtsley, @[PH] Cobra, @Mofidos, @Torben Torben, @It's ANGRY MUFFIN time!!!, @time!!!, @Garret_Pp, @Sdac2, @Ludus, @Spadille, @Keel, @Tom Hill, @Walker, @Esteban, @CodezBlack, @The HitMan, @Eviction Notice, @Smudger, @Sgt.James, @Cruse, @Epithax, @Skudist, @☢Delta_Force☢, @Littlestar, @R4ndomDude, @YoloMuffin which is a fair amount of people, adding to why this should be added.

Restrictions:
I would limit the sign to whitelisted officers to prevent misuse of the sign as seen in the cons section. This would mean the Police Command Team along with the COD(@Jordan)/DCOD's would have to decide on a new policy that determines when and where these signs may be used.

Pros:
[+] Create informative signs to control traffic during major incidents.
[+] Update the sign with expected roadwork delays for passiverp construction work.
[+] No more creating signs from a burger for sale on the roof of the police car.

Cons:
[-] New officers may use this incorrectly, for example during a raid to block off a pedestrian pathway.
[-] Creating a new model would mean a content update is required.

How to overcome cons:
As said above, add a restriction so that whitelisted officers may use them with a policy that says when and where they can be used.

Reaction score
Behold, the reason we need this.

This is very be possible, grab a Left 4 Dead 2 traffic sign prop and put some text on it?

Sounds like a great idea to me, maybe it'll stop people from speeding and putting the M in the word MVA on the highway. (What's with all these people not looking at adverts anyways these days...)
+support.

Reaction score
That would be sick. I support this. There's so may situations this would be useful especially for traffic officers.

Last edited:
Reactions: A1L
Reaction score
+support We really need this as right now you have to advertise that there is a crash but if we got road signs it would make the roleplay more better and also if will just over all stop annoying people who have to turn around.

Reaction score
I helped create an addon like this using the CS:GO prop which mostly everyone has. It is fairly simple to code and I am sure it would make for an amazing tool for the police department.

Photo of Starfox's sign:
1d2beffbfe.png

Reaction score
+Support
Many people don't notice the adverts and don't know what is going on. This will allow people to know where to go and have an idea of what happened.

Reaction score
Please understand that even though this looks like a great idea I wish to know what actually would stop people from ramming this instead of stopping as users of the community already feel like ramming normal barricades, how would this help in any form of way?

Reaction score
Please understand that even though this looks like a great idea I wish to know what actually would stop people from ramming this instead of stopping as users of the community already feel like ramming normal barricades, how would this help in any form of way?

It being hard metal, it would likely result in a large collision and death for those stupid enough to smash into it. Also, less TV's being used as road signs.

Reaction score
Maybe, instead of having them as props for cops, we could have them at fixed positions on the map?

The dutch highways have a similar system, where the authorities can request a red cross to appear over a lane, this prohibits any traffic from driving on the lane, a max speed can also be indicated, this looks something like this:

rode-kruizen-ANP_0.jpg

Reaction score
// My bad, brainfart got me quite good

Status
Not open for further replies.