Police Radio Volume/Earpiece Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Main idea: Police Radio Control Option

Description: Introduce a new setting in the F1 menu which allows you to change the radio to play in either your left or right ear, and change volume. I remember this part not being possible but try again? Idk? If you select "left" the radio only plays in your left ear, if you select "both" it is in both ears as normal. This will only work for headphone users obviously. Unless you have surround sound I suppose.

xng2xhC.png

Just playing radio in one ear allows for you to easily distnguish what is normal people talking and what is the radio. It simulates the user wearing an earpiece. This will annoy some people hence why it is optional. I would love this option it would be so much better than current system.

Pros:
Distinguish between normal players talking and radio
More realistic
Prevent people from muting radio entirely missing crucial transmissions

Cons:
Minor change for something that mostly works already
Most people will hate having radio in one ear, however it is optional for a reason

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Would this be doable??? Would be decent if so, but is it entirely possible?

Reaction score
I doubt this is easily doable. We can set voice to be 3D or mono, which is already done for the voice radios. However, there aren't any options to choose exact locations. Source: https://wiki.facepunch.com/gmod/GM:PlayerCanHearPlayersVoice

The only solution I can think of is sending a fake position for the player that is talking. However, I can't think of a way of doing that without breaking loads of other things.

Reaction score
  • Staff
I mean this would be a cool addition but it's not worth breaking things for I suppose

Reaction score
While it's unlikely this'll be added in the first place, another addition is to be able to separate unit radio and global radio into separate ears. Unit in left and global in right for example.

Reaction score
@Alyt @TinySlayer Here's something that might work for the police radio, a volume control. That way you can change the volume of it by holding H and pressing down arrow? Saves you from constantly having to mute the radio

Reaction score
  • Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.