Police Sergeant (or other Officer) working as Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So lately, Police radio communications have been terrible. I'm not even talking about every single new cop just shouting and spamming every possible method of communications with a 10-3 and stop transmitting or "I'mma report you". I mean in the way that someone calls 911 with a broken nose, that suddenly all ambulance and police personnel show up. It's just one big mess.

Ideally, to fix this, you should add a Police Control/Dispatch (I would love this to do this 24/7 by the way). Someone who is qualified, so by forum (a Sarge?) who acts as Control. Ideally, just in real life, Control should have the option to see where every car is at that moment (including Fire, RC and Medics), and so he can send out cars the way he feels it is most effective. Control should give every player a (easy) callsign (Romeo 99, Romeo 80, etc. or something).

All communications over the mic., would go through Control. So you would get a way more realistic RP in game. If control accepts a 911 call, he can then dispatch the nearest car to the location. Ideally, Control should receive any information directly without the other officers hearing it, and then he can put out a dispatch to all cars. (I do think this isn't possible), so an open line for everyone to hear can work just fine.
policedispatch.jpg

All other guidelines should be taken into account, just like Chrissy posted earlier on the forum. So don't interrupt others, unless you have a priorirty --> call out Control, and wait to continue until you get a response, etc.

It would go something like this:

"Control to any unit in the area of Docks, I've had reports of a fight in the parking lot. Any unit available to assign, please identify to Control and handle Code 2."

"Control this is Unit 99, we are close and we will handle the call, Code 2."
"Control, Unit 99 we are on scene we are going to need an 11-41 // We are Code 4".

If GPS in the emergency cars was available, Control would just have to go: "Control to Unit Tango Victor 32, I can see you are close to the Docks, we have had reports of a brawl in the parking place, please go and check it out, code 2."
"Control, Tango Victor 32, Roger, we are on our way Code 2."

Ideally, like I would do, is have a sheet of all units on a second screen, to see which units are available, etc. Units can now also use radio to show them on a traffic stop, since everything is structured. (IDEALLY)

I've been in some clans in a modded version of GTA4 and Arma 3, and it worked perfect!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey buddy, if possible, use the format provided: https://www.perpheads.com/threads/template.1241/

Anyway, the thing is, trying to enforce people to use callsigns and proper radio comms would be incredibly difficult. A concept like this in my eyes would only work if the whole Police Dept. was whitelisted.

However the idea of having dispatch? It's something the LT should be doing with the Police units at the moment, especially when the unit numbers come out.

I'll elaborate when I get home, my battery is dying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.