Rule regarding real-life information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: 1.5 - Real Life Information
Your version of the rule: Giving out personal information of another person without their direct permission is not allowed. This includes but is not limited to: Name, Age, Address, State, Pictures, etc.
Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: There is currently no rule regarding this to my knowledge. In the past week or so, people have been harassing me using my real name, and I'm pretty sure this isn't against the rules, but it should be. Your information is your information, and no one else should reserve the right to give it out to everyone.

Thoughts/Additions to the rule are welcomed :)

Edit: Just noticed this thread was made, https://perpheads.com/threads/suggestion-1-5-personal-details-and-identity.31416/
RIP me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree with this entirely, you might become close friends with certain people of the community and start getting to know each other more. That information you give and share between each other stays between you and it shouldn't be mentioned without permission.

People tend to quote my first name (my real one) in game sometimes and it's kinda annoying. *cough* @ReapZ *cough* (just kidding) I don't mind it sometimes but when you blatantly shout it out and try to use it as some type of insult.

Revealing other members of the community's details IC or anywhere is fucked, full stop. When saying that private information in game, some people might decide to use that to constantly annoy you or to maybe do something else out of line.

It's slightly weird to see no rule like this in place even after the quite recent 'drama'. When that private information of staff members/owners were being fucked over if you could say that. Hopefully they take a look and make a bit of change.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pretty sure the general conduct rules makes it obvious enough this isn't allowed. Out of all the "hidden rules" this one is the most reasonable.

Reaction score
I think this speaks for itself. Its just part of respect, I think you can putt this in rule 1.1 disrespectfull behavoir is much more then swearing. And if there are people who cannot keep themselves from annoying people or getting people to annoy others IRL they should just fuck off.

Reaction score
Like others have said its common sense not to do this. You have to be the saddest little boy/girl in the world to leak information of another member of a roleplaying community. It's pathetic as it is and if you have done this and/or planning to then you might as well throw your computer out your fuckin window or better yet put your head through the fuckin thing because you would be doing all of us a favor. You try to be a wise ass and use other peoples personal info against them then you deserve even worse to come your way in the future. You just need to remember the golden rule, Treat others how you want to be treated. And if you treat others like shit don't expect to gain immunity. I know I cant talk as to how salty I used to get in OOC but that doesn't mean its right. Using peoples info is miles past the fuckin line in any situation so don't even bother. If people are not even open-minded enough to see this then, by all means, write the fuckin rule in bold.

Reaction score
This is also covered in the forums terms of service it’s pretty clear you shouldn’t do it don’t think a rule is necessary

Reaction score
Sure this sounds great in practise but how is it going to be enforced actively? Someone shares some details about your personal life and then you report them. They state you gave them permission, how are you gonna prove you didn't?

Don't share your info with people you don't trust.

Reaction score
Just wanna put out here that there's different levels of personal information being leaked. I understand that when all of someones facebook and IRL pictures, address, phone number and shit is leaked, it's a huge issue. But in your case, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the only thing people said was your first name. Tbh you can't really do anything about someone saying a first name, it's not even necessarily your name being said.

But apart from this, when really important information about someone is leaked, that's not nice. But I'm not sure this should be a rule, as it is common behavior logic.

Reaction score
I’m confused why tell anyone your “information” if you don’t want to be harassed. Clearly you’ve gave them your information so expect them to use your real name? If you don’t want your personal infomation to be known don’t tell anyone. It’s that simple, even if there is a rule you can help your self out in that situation pal.

//phone
Wait, so what you’re saying is that I asked to be harassed? I had my name on my steam profile, and it’s been there since I got my steam account, roughly 5 years. No one, in all of my 6.6k hours of gmod has ever used my name from my steam profile until now. This isn’t something I wanted, nor did I ever think it would happen.

On a different gmod community, someone used my skype name to find my instagram. From there, they used my instagram to go to my ask.fm. This is where they found tons of information about me which they leaked to the entire community via the forums. Staff immediately permanently banned him from the entire community. I didn’t ask to have my shit leaked, and for that reason in that community, I take this shit seriously. I don’t give a flying fuck if my name is on a fucking billboard on city bridge, using my shit ingame to harass me is not right and should never be right.

Btw, before you even try to find my shit, I removed it from my skype and my steam profile.

What really pisses me off is the people who decide to harass me with my name are now rating my post funny, literally showing everyone how much of a bitch they are.
My basic point in all of this is you think it’s ok until it happens to you. It really isn’t fun, trust me, because you never know what they are going to do with the information. They find it and use it to harass you 100% of the time. No one goes out of their way to find your shit just to know it.
// Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.