Programming tips and tricks!

Reaction score
Hi all perpers who are as well programmers!

This my first thread so don't kill me pls.

I would like to know what tips and tricks you use to make your life as programmers easier. You dont have to be a full-time fullstack devops to participate. Hobbyists are welcome too!

What is your fav code editor?

What do you program in general?

Which programming languages you think are the most useful when it comes to finding a job?

Which tools do you use to work more efficently?

Do you have any projects that you are especially proud of?

Do you use a specific kind of keyboards?

Maybe we all can learn from each other to make our work easier and faster?

Reaction score
  • Staff
For me it would be:

Visual studio code/Visual studio as a whole IDE

I usually code desktop forms apps and websites, but as well I write programms for industrial computers that collect data and put it to a cloud server

I personally recommend learning C++, C# and Python

I definately use GitHub Copilot and as well lately a lot of chatGPT, other than that I of course use GitHub both for work and my own projects

I dont think i have anything i am especially proud of... maybe some projects I did for competitions/hackathons

I love using Blue switches at work when i code, and i have a good comparison, as I use silvers to game

Reaction score
I used to code for FiveM servers, making custom scripts, or just starting servers from nothing.

I made this way back when, was the first script like it, really started my time doing scripts.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Nice! Actually when you brought up game server development, I remembered that back in the day, like 3 years ago, i coded and ran ArmA3 exile server, and was trying my luck in rust. Both of the servers were modded and worked correctly, even some players joined to play. I was so happy that I managed to code something that actually worked and people used it to have fun.