Public Development Roadmap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Create a public roadmap outlining the development teams plans for future updates.

Why should this be added? (pros): More communication between development and the community. No duplicate suggestions, might keep people playing longer if they know something is coming out soon.

What negatives could this have? (cons): N/A

*Other additions: [list here]

Reaction score
We have freetime coders, this means, when the devs have time off they can work on projects, if you promise days that stuff will come out and you fail to meet those days, it will only be worse. Furthermore sometimes devs can work full time on one subject but usually they get interrupted by gmod updates, bugs, hotfixes and many more things that need the attention first before continue coding.

We can't expect our devs to be some lifeless coders which are 24/7 coding to create new content, they will let themselves be heard in for example ingame or shoutbox or update threads when they think they got something important or fun to share as a sneakpeek.

I disagree with you here as well on a personal base due to the fact that I think finding out a new update is more exciting than a planned update, you can go discover a lot instead of already finding out what and how

Reaction score
You don't need to include an ETA release date in the road map, at least knowing something is being worked on is better than nothing. It just feels like the server is dead when there's no communication.

Reaction score
Sorry I'm not on about an ETA of when something will be complete but more like what's being planned for future release

Sam

Reaction score
This is my roadmap :D
xNOW3Y1.png

The role description of Community Manager is "The role of the Community Manager is to oversee server development, ensure there is a constant community roadmap in place, and that players voices are being heard when it comes to relevant community decisions and plans." So this is already a thing, @Dom_

Status
Not open for further replies.