Queue Server Gamemode Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/04-11-2016-small-update-log.21137/#post-138467 (scroll up for Tom hills post and read comments)

Main Idea: Change queue Server Gamemode to TTT

Full description of the idea: reason being Cinema can be quite dull and boring... 100% of perp players like to kill each other and slander, so this would be a way to do both and have a laugh before diving into the RP not only that but it provides a fun base to "dick about" in (rules apply for TTT games)

Also with regards to the timer before joining, the next player in the queue should get the "do you want to join" popup when the round ends so they can play a full round and not be pressured to bug out (especially if they are a T)

Why should it be added?: as stated above and the fact its something different for the PERP Community, so why not? there are obviously going to have to be rules such as traitor baiting ect but i bet it will be more fun than sat streaming YouTube videos in a cinema that you could just do on your own desktop.

on top of this the TTT range is quite amusing for players, especially recordings ect, I personally after owning 2 failed TTT servers lol know it can be tough but then again when the queue server is up, it will show in the TTT genre - only issue.. people who join to play TTT can end up being pulled into the Perpheads server if they aint careful when reading

Pros: - Provides a fun time whilst waiting to join perp
- Allows people to not feel mundanely bored whilst waiting for a slot like usually happens
- if successful maybe PERP might open a TTT server*
*- DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THAT

Cons: could become quite aids fast with people screaming "RDM" and will require more rule enforcement than that of "cinema"

Reaction score
I do like the idea but an easier solution that doesn't require enforcing rules on the serveer would be TDM with PERP guns. We could try out all of the guns while waiting and learn about them in the process.

Reaction score
Not everyone likes to play TTT (or any game mode) when trying to join the server. Having the current Cinema means that those who like to just sit back and watch YouTube while waiting for a slot (something I used to do before the queue server) can still do that.

Reaction score
EDIT: Well I thought the queue server was down but maybe not. Although I have to agree that sitting in a cinema is really boring at times.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The queue server was active yesterday and the day prior on a different gamemode. You don't see it in your server history as the gamemode changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.