Radio presenter/News presenter job or items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion link: https://perpheads.com/threads/radio-presenter-news-presenter-jobs.19919/

Main idea: Right, so the main idea for these jobs is to add another method of PassiveRPing which appeals to some people. Radio presenter would essentially be like ParalakeFM but, instead of having to use the internet, you could simply get a controller and a YouTube URL, for the News Presenter, there would be a camera available and the TV would be able to link into the camera and watch live.

Full description of the idea: So, with this suggestion, people like Chris and his good Ol' Marmite gang would be able to do some recording of their "Marmite" with the News Presenter job, or, with the purchasing of a camera from "Ragnitec" anyone would be able to see said video if they found the channel within there TV, if however this became a job and the items was only accessible to said job, the news presenter would be able to sit and record the negotiations of hostage situations (within a safe area) or even record the aftermath of crashes or even, events, one event this would be useful for is the "zombie outbreak" event as they would be able to go out, and record what's going on and such. The radio presenter would be similar, there would be a job for this to prevent people from using it properly such as putting troll songs on. This job would place 1-2 people and there would be 2 empty radio slots within the Q menu within a car or on the radio where a listener could tune into if they were being used. News presenters would also be able to be hired to record "TV shows" such as "A day in the life of a cop" or "How its made: Marmite" or something like that.

Why should it be added: These additions should be accepted as I believe PassiveRPing would be a much more popular type of RP, I also believe these additions should be accepted as at the moment, in order to be within the news is to make an advert with the tag [PLN] after people run around trying to find stuff to advertise.

Pros:
- More jobs
- Different music
- No need to RP as a news presenter

Cons:
- Both may be incorrectly used

Reaction score
Related to your part TV (News) Presenter; https://perpheads.com/threads/cinematic-camera.5123/
StephenPuffs;
b8fba555f18bdb27c41974cefa39f70e.png

Me;
d33bbf307bc539ca9c4a1b666052bdf7.png

The TV part was suggested and accepted back in March 2015, however you won't be able to see that over the TV automatically, since it would be super laggy.

However I am fully for your Radio part. Of course radio channels shall appear professional. I would also love the addition for Live-Calls on radio, e.g. if you want to do some kind of quiz, where people can win money in in the radio, you shall be able to call over some kind of radio panel, and also be able to mute it to the radio but not for yourself so he can tell the bank account number in case he has won.
I would suggest that this should work like the dispatcher system does;
There could be 1-4 radio operators where 2 moderate, 1 handles the calls and the other one operates the radio panel. That is suggested how it should work. However technically everybody is able to control the radio panel.

Reaction score
However I am fully for your Radio part. Of course radio channels shall appear professional. I would also love the addition for Live-Calls on radio, e.g. if you want to do some kind of quiz, where people can win money in in the radio, you shall be able to call over some kind of radio panel, and also be able to mute it to the radio but not for yourself so he can tell the bank account number in case he has won.
I would suggest that this should work like the dispatcher system does;
There could be 1-4 radio operators where 2 moderate, 1 handles the calls and the other one operates the radio panel. That is suggested how it should work. However technically everybody is able to control the radio panel.

Yes, the idea about being able to be called into said radio would be great, but I'm not sure if that would be "too excessive" or very difficult to implement.

Reaction score
I defo want a news reporter. It's completely possible for this to be a thing, even DarkRP servers do it.
Thing is, people try and do news reporter RP, but they earn next to no money and nobody really benefits from it. If this is added, people will not only have more interactions in terms of RP, but also be able to have a functioning news system so people can know if there's a buildup on the highway, bank robbery, etc.

Reaction score
Believe it or not, it would become exactly like ParalakeFM, a lot of hype and people wanting to try it out and then soon after barely anyone is interested in fulfilling their jobs because of the sheer limit in what you can do, and rarely will you find someone actually willing to conduct an interview or whatever. Maybe the fact that this job would be in-game as opposed to a simple radio channel, it might be more interactive and fun meaning people actually do it for a prolonged amount of time and don't just stop doing it after a while. Still optimistic about it though.

Reaction score
I would absolutely love an actual news reporter job. Get a press vest, camera and perhaps a news van? It would be amazing and certainly unique to have

Status
Not open for further replies.