Rebuild of ELS on vechicles

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Rebuild of ELS on vechicles

Suggestion Description
: I saw many posts regarding this topic, but all of which i saw didn't describe the idea like I want to.

Presumabely now the devs have presets of light bars on ES vechicles with ready light projectors on top. They recently used the light projector, without the bar on the unmarked ford transit grill, and aswell sometimes, like on the marked transit, they put two bars with lights on it.

I understand that adding another lighting mod is not possible due to lags and server load, but they could just utilize the addon/script they are using now to add better ELS.

Im not talking about million small lights on every car, but what i suggest is just use single projectors on PD cars like that, flashing alternately(it wont affect server load as much as theese are only two small light projectors, and maybe two more on the back):
1654799759056.png

And the task is even easier for the ambulance, as it already has textured and modeled ELS on the back:

1654799949677.png

I ASSUME its not that hard, to somehow change the existing preset - there are already diffrently coloured ones for PD, EMS, FD, so i think they can just take a single flashing light from the bar and put it on the vechicles in a different way.

Im suggesting this, because its much easier than creating customizable ELS for everyone, and the emergency vechicles ELS look like in 2005, which is a bit obsolite, as the rest of assets, like cars and weapons are more modern.

Why should this be added?:
Emergency vechilces more visible on the roads.
Police vechicles looking more intimidating and all emergency vechicles looking more proffesional.
Nice cosmetic change, that was suggested many times.
Emergency vechicles looking like modern emergency vechicles rather than 2005 ones.

What potential negatives could this have for the department:
Cant see any negatives, as when you are supposed to go code 2, you go code 2 and dont use the lights at all.

Other additions:
If the suggestion is denied, I would love to hear why this wasn't possible, as for my knowledge it should not be VERY hard to implement, and shouldnt visibly influence server performance. But I can still be mistaken.

Last edited:
Reaction score
  • Staff
In addition, I just noticed, that the fire engine already uses single light projectors as ELS, so their colour might be just changed, and they could be used on any other emergency vechicle.
Aswell the headlights on the fire engine are misplaced a bit, so that could be fixed as well.

I dont know much about this:
But its a paid ELS system that might not influence servers performance as much as free solutions like photon, and looks sick. One of the best selling addons on gmodstore. This mod aswell features many optimization features, that would be aswell useful in keeping the servers performance high

Last edited:
Reaction score
Vcmod is very laggy however texture swapping would be interesting and yet im not sure if we can do it. The problem is that we already to my knowledge do emissive/texture swapping for the gauges and trim and unsure if we can do another for emergency lights.

Reaction score
I know the issue i had with the other ELS systems like Photon is I would turn on my lights and sirens and a very common issue would be my stuff being off for other players still. With the system currently in place on the server I've never seen that issue before

Reaction score
I believe the lights are biggest reason in Garry's Mod for FPS issues. I will be optimistic and ask you guys to imagine having 6 police cars using crazy ELS all over the vehicle. 5 fps confirmed. I would really love to see it just if that was able to be implemented in a way where is the current lights are implement but I doubt this is possible or worth the time of Developers.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Ive just noticed aswell that the mayors escalade has the grill lights already like I described so its just a matter of adding them to the PD cars