Server Suggestion Recoil scales with sensitivity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Recoil scales with sensitivity
Suggestion Description: lower sensitivity should have less recoil, and higher sensitivity should have more recoil.

Why should this be added?:
-It makes for more fair gun fights if everyone can control their recoil. i struggle a lot with deciding weather i want to be able to shoot straight or have good aim, which makes me change sensitivity quite a lot. big issue in my opinion.

What negatives could this have?:
- the potential for abuse would be my top concern, maybe it could create some bugs. another problem could be balancing the amount of felt recoil being either too punishing or the other way around.

What problem would this suggestion solve?: having to play on a uncomfortably high sensitivity.

You aren't forced to play on a high sensitivity. If you can't control recoil practice at the shooting range and by pvping. Also tip: don't play on very low sens it's not optimal for perp pvp style

Most recoil can be controlled on low sensitivity, I play on relatively low sensitivity and control recoil fine. Guns aren’t meant to be just sprayed mindlessly here.

You aren't forced to play on a high sensitivity. If you can't control recoil practice at the shooting range and by pvping. Also tip: don't play on very low sens it's not optimal for perp pvp style
spent a fair amount of time in shooting range trying to learn the recoil, but not really making much progress. and then i see montages where it seems people barely struggle with it, which is why i made this suggestion.

I'm not sure how this is an issue? You can shoot straight and have good recoil control as long as you're trained with whatever sensitivity you're playing on. It's not hard to control recoil and it certainly is no longer an issue with marksmanship being no longer a thing, just don't full auto everywhere.

This also seems prone to abuse when the only thing being checked is in-game sensitivity (if we have the function)? You can go as low as you want to with your sensitivity and adjust your mouse DPI accordingly to counteract and have magical low recoil. It just wouldn't work and really doesn't make any sense to punish higher sens players, for example I play on 1600 DPI as that's the best setting for lowest amount of input delay but I have to work with 0.33 sens. I would get some nuts recoil control this way.

imma just put my view on the whole recoil thing in here. i keep being told that you shouldn't spray, but isn't that what any full auto rifle is meant to do? i'm fine with it being hard to control and an actual skill to acquire. but it's an issue when i have played on the server for 2 years and have barely seen any progress in my ability to win any gun fights (in the past i've been avoiding pvp at all cost because it's not worth my time or effort). while OG players thrive and profit off of new players difficulties in managing to learn pvp here. pvp should be a good mix between win and lose not just win win for some and lose lose for the rest. that's how i see it any way

imma just put my view on the whole recoil thing in here. i keep being told that you shouldn't spray, but isn't that what any full auto rifle is meant to do? i'm fine with it being hard to control and an actual skill to acquire. but it's an issue when i have played on the server for 2 years and have barely seen any progress in my ability to win any gun fights (in the past i've been avoiding pvp at all cost because it's not worth my time or effort). while OG players thrive and profit off of new players difficulties in managing to learn pvp here. pvp should be a good mix between win and lose not just win win for some and lose lose for the rest. that's how i see it any way
Full auto rifles can be used to spray at close range, however it would be impossible to hit a target at medium to long range while full spraying, which is why you rarely see many people full autoing at distance, as its just not viable, you need to make the distinction between being far enough to not spray and to tap fire your weapon in order to hit them, and being close enough for spraying and prefiring to be a viable tactic.

In regards to the suggestion, like Creepis stated, this would just force people to lower their sensitivities to get virtually 0 recoil and then use DPI to make it feel normal again, which would make everything piss easy.

spent a fair amount of time in shooting range trying to learn the recoil, but not really making much progress. and then i see montages where it seems people barely struggle with it, which is why i made this suggestion.

Majority of people who make these montages are experienced pvpers (assuming you're not) so it's not a surprise that they can control recoil better than you.

https://streamable.com/oygm71
found one of my clips where I'm holding against cops with a mp9+suppressor which I'd say is one of hardest recoil patterns to control. Notice how I'm trying to always aim for the head and burst fire and the only time I'm actually spraying is when I'm pushing the pistol cop that rushed in. This is how you should play and I would have played this the same way if I had a scar, full auto rifle doesn't mean anything. I think you're over prioritizing recoil and should instead focus on your aim and gamesense.
Hope this helped.

Majority of people who make these montages are experienced pvpers (assuming you're not) so it's not a surprise that they can control recoil better than you.

https://streamable.com/oygm71
found one of my clips where I'm holding against cops with a mp9+suppressor which I'd say is one of hardest recoil patterns to control. Notice how I'm trying to always aim for the head and burst fire and the only time I'm actually spraying is when I'm pushing the pistol cop that rushed in. This is how you should play and I would have played this the same way if I had a scar, full auto rifle doesn't mean anything. I think you're over prioritizing recoil and should instead focus on your aim and gamesense.
Hope this helped.
ty, this is helpful. recoil probably isn't the only reason why i struggle so much with pvp. but i wanted to start the conversation about it somewhere

As for the suggestion, there are 2 massive problems with it:

A) How will this solve any problems other then just fucking with people who are use to their sensitivity currently

B) How are the developers even going to code this? If you are suggesting that a lower sens will lower the recoil, then whats stopping me from putting my sens to 0.01 to get 0 recoil and then bumping up my mouse to 250000 DPI, it just dosnt make sense. There is no way the developers can detect eDPI (i think), they can only code for the sensitivity in game.

At the end of the day, its just a skill diff. People win their gunfights because they are strategic and spraying isnt always the best option in most gunfights. Mechanical aim doesn't really matter as much as people think in perp, its mostly positioning and crosshair-placement, so if you are finding that you are losing your fights more often, it isnt to do with your spray.

Take @Dave the ginger twat for an example. His aim fucking reeks of dogshit but he is one of the best PVPers because he dosnt spray from long range and actually repositions propperly after getting a kill. He also knows where to position his red-dot so that he is always aiming for the head, meaning he dosnt need to spray to get the kill.

I also suggest that if you really do care about why you are losing your gunfights, look back at your POV and see why you have died, you will find more often then not that its just a gamesense/positioning issue rather then your ability to shoot back.

His aim fucking reeks of dogshit
eSjpFo3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.