Reconsideration: Delivery man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Delivery man

Short explanation (in notes):
- The maximum speed of the delivery van should be increased.
- Allowing the delivery man to get access to the warehouse (keys: the ability to lock/unlock doors).
- Slight increase in the profit when delivering a package.
- Make it possible to refuel the delivery van at a lower cost (possibly for free or discount).
- Make 2 available slots for delivery man (maybe a little excessive).

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
Please note that I've been searching for similar suggestions on the forums through advanced search and I haven't found any. I apologize in advance if there are others.

I've recently been roleplaying as delivery man. I love the idea of this non-governmental job which allows PassiveRP. Unfortunately I've noticed multiple disadvantages when roleplaying as delivery man. This includes certain things which are rather unrealistic and therefore ruins some RP situations. I'll answer the reasons/suggestions given/presented in 'Short explanation' chronologically:

- The maximum speed of the delivery van should be increased:
The deliery van's current maximum speed is 35 MPH (converted to KPH it's 56). It struggles to go uphill (usually 5 MPH). As delivery man time equals money and you'd prefer to deliver your packages as soon as possible. The speed itself is unrealistic. Since it's a non-governmental job it's up to the driver himself/herself whether to violate traffic laws to save time (in accordance to the server rules). However, due to the slow speed it's not even possible to violate the traffic law regarding speeding in most areas throughout Paralake City.

GiYahbx.jpg

zoDmzO7.jpg

The speed of the delivery van often results in people getting impatient. People have often left their residence/location before the package arrives. Some people have even left the server while the delivery was on its way. The delivery man doesn't get any refund/compensation for the loss of earnings.

YhSiH0H.jpg

It becomes extremely stressful when more than 1 order has been placed because of the frustratingly slow speed. People doubt whether their delivery will ever arrive. This results in quantitative service to the customers.

ocnai.jpg

#CastAway

- Allowing the delivery man to get access to the warehouse (keys: the ability to lock/unlock doors).
I've had to ask staff members to unlock the door to the delivery warehouse at multiple occasions. For some reason it remains locked until it's somehow opened by something else than the use of keys. Furthermore, the delivery man is in constant risk of getting mugged. It would make it much safer to remain within the warehouse when awaiting orders. I've decorated the warehouse many times before because it creates a more realistic environment/atmosphere. The ability to lock the door would also prevent theft to a certain extent.

on7SF8r.jpg

- Slight increase in the profit when delivering a package.
This speaks for itself. You don't get much money from the deliveries. The salary of the delivery man is shown on the following paycheck:

IBzYnTZ.jpg

In this case I got $157.5 and $63 went to income tax.

Sometimes this happens:
CxLz56t.png

"The city did not have enough funds to pay you". I thought it was a non-governmental job. Therefore it doesn't make any sense that the paycheck is paid by the city funds. Thanks for the pity Niko.

vgTD2lZ.jpg

0GW59W6.jpg

N79hEs3.jpg

- Make it possible to refuel the delivery van at a lower cost (possibly for free or discount).
What I mean by this is that it costs a lot of money to refuel the delivery van. Some people might simply respawn the delivery van when it's about to run out of fuel but I find that unrealistic. I also consider it abuse and exploit of the feature. Whenever you're a delivery man you're working for the NPC standing next to the delivery warehouse. He hires you and he's your boss. That's why I don't quite get the idea of user charge when it comes to refueling. I haven't heard of any delivery company which tells its employees that the majority of their paycheck goes to refueling the delivery van.

POv8tx4.jpg

- Make 2 available slots for Delivery man (maybe a little excessive).
It's a lonely job and in matter to meet the demand on deliveries it sometimes requires 2 delivery men to be on duty. It would contribute to the general RP atmosphere at the delivery warehouse and increase the efficiency. The service would then become qualitative. Optional; make it possible to spawn 2 delivery vans when 2 delivery men are on duty in matter to meet the demand when many packages have been ordered for delivery at the same time. Other jobs like SWAT and firefighter also offers a lot of waiting time and it becomes boring to stare at the wall instead of having someone to interact with like a colleague. If the 1st delivery man is taken into custody by law enforcement personnel there would still be the 2nd delivery man to deliver the packages.

qngklhp.jpg

@Madda suggested this point.

Optional additions:
- Advertisement on the side of the delivery van to increase visibility/awareness:

FedEx_delivery_van_Memphis_TN_2013-04-01_001.jpg

- Make it possible (if not already) for regular citizens who owns a Ford Transit van (exactly like the delivery van) to change the front of the vehicle so that it looks exactly like the delivery van:

zzDheDk.jpg

This should only be possible if the regular van has been upgraded once before the 'kit'/change is available.

- An uniform: It makes the job look more professional and organized. It seems slightly unrealistic/inappropriate when a man in a complete suit and many accessories is delivering packages when the job is associated with low social status/class.

FskVecE.png

Thanks for taking time to read my suggestion. Please share your opinion and give me some feedback.

Last edited:
Reaction score
+SUPPORT This is a great suggestion. I myself went as a delivery man once, and from an 8.8K delivery, I got 795$. Other than that, I had to refuel my truck twice during 5 jobs, and I spent more time driving back and forth than was really needed. I think with the addition to be able to pack your whole truck with the wares that have been ordered, instead of just having 1 package at a time, having to drive back and forth constantly is very stressful and boring, scaring people from actually taking the job, so the suggestions posted would at least make me join this job more often.

Reaction score
+Support I would love to see a buff for the delivery man. I think the reason a lot of people avoid it is because of the low pay and the annoyingly slow vans. Maybe the price of advertising as delivery man could be slightly cheaper/free?

Reaction score
+support for everything except for the 2 slots for the reason i said already here:
-support That's true, sometimes you get many orders at once, but basing on how low is your retribution for delivering a package... I wouldn't like at all divide that little money i get now with someone else.
Moreover I remember I said this already, in an identical suggestion that got denied, but since looking on all my messages I didn't find that discussion I guess it's been deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.