Server Suggestion Reduce player limit to 80-85 players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Reduce player limit to 80-85 players
Suggestion Description: The server really cannot handle so many players but I do understand that we want a server full of players at the same time, however, with the server reaching just over 100 players, this quickly becomes very unplayable such as using vehicles, combat and so on. Of course not much can be done about this, it's gmod but the server should be kept in a somewhat playable state instead of forcing more players onto it costing us with performance issues.

A queue server should instead be implemented if you wish to keep an inflow of players onto the main server, this is what the community has suggested a bunch of times but I wasn't really around during that time period.

Why should this be added?:
- More playable server

What negatives could this have?:
- Less players on server
- People may prefer to only play queue instead of main server

Reaction score
Yes please. 80-84 players is about the upper limit the server can take and even then it isnt... awful but its not what i'd call good either. 90-104 like i've seen sometimes is just atrocious and the mic system breaks down at that point at times.

Reaction score
Our player base is currently between 85 to 100 at the weekend. I believe this will keep going up. Since the server's location has been changed, there is a huge growth in the player base. Lowering the player slots will probably affect negatively in my opinion. I can't deny the fact that the server is sometimes struggling when we are over 80+ players. I'm pretty sure Fredy can find a way to sort this out instead of cutting out the player limit.

ZqQXVO7.png

Reaction score
If something can be done to preserve performance above 90-100+ players, that should obviously be preferred as opposed to bringing back the queue server.

However, if there’s not really a significant change that can be done, I’d say bring back the queue server. @Ultimate I disagree with the thought that it would prove to be detrimental in some way. The Queue server was extremely popular back in the day and many people stayed connected while consecutively pushing themselves back in the queue because of how fun the game mode was. As far as I remember, connecting to PERP while the server was full redirected you to the queue server.

I dont know of any servers that currently run a queue server, and I think it gives the community a prestigious look considering the fact that we have to run a queue server to join our main server.

I think that providing a smooth experience for ~85 players while offering a queue server is better than letting 100+ people on the server and giving most a less than enjoyable experience.

Reaction score
If something can be done to preserve performance above 90-100+ players, that should obviously be preferred as opposed to bringing back the queue server.

However, if there’s not really a significant change that can be done, I’d say bring back the queue server. @Ultimate I disagree with the thought that it would prove to be detrimental in some way. The Queue server was extremely popular back in the day and many people stayed connected while consecutively pushing themselves back in the queue because of how fun the game mode was. As far as I remember, connecting to PERP while the server was full redirected you to the queue server.

I dont know of any servers that currently run a queue server, and I think it gives the community a prestigious look considering the fact that we have to run a queue server to join our main server.

I think that providing a smooth experience for ~85 players while offering a queue server is better than letting 100+ people on the server and giving most a less than enjoyable experience.
i don't know how many people actually enjoyed the queue server, personally i didn't like it at all and it deterred me from joining the server at peak times

Reaction score
I think the playercount should be reduced. The server starts lagging really hard when there are around 100 players on the map. It gets even worse when there's something like a shootout happening.

Reaction score

The queue server not getting added as it stops new players from joining the server and is confusing for them. Fredy is working on performance fixes and if this fails we can revisit the idea of lowering the player count or adding a queue server.

It is also a lot of effort to set this up when the player count is something that is very volatile and may not continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.