MASS UNBAN 2.0

• Thread starter Deleted member 4116
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4116

Main Idea: Doing another mass unban

Full description of the idea: Just like the title states mass unbanning every player that's is banned besides cheaters, DDoSers, Doxxers & scammers.

Why should it be added?: As of right now the server is extremely low on players and everyone can agree on it and we are hardly in need of players to keep the server alive. Like the last time @Puma had suggested a mass unban and it got accepted why not do another one as like 2 years have passed since the other one and a lot of players are banned. Last time this was accepted the server was getting a lot of players for a good while + exposure which is good for the server.

Pros: More players, more RP, etc

Cons: None I can think of because last time it went really good.

*Other additions: https://perpheads.com/threads/mass-unban-with-exceptions.32445/
@Bolli @Fredy @Madda @TinySlayer @Ayjay @Samuel

Deleted member 5920

It didn't go really well last time, there was minges for months. In the time between the mass unban and now there have been changes in how staff handle bans and nearly all permanent bans are for cheating and I don't want anyone back who has cheated.

Mass unbans are not the way to go, rather advertising to groups of players who will be active and likely to actually play the server by the rules.

Deleted member 4116

It didn't go really well last time, there was minges for months.
That's so untrue since last time there's been so many people who've stayed since the unbanning and are taking this server seriously. Do you rather have a server with 13 avg players in a month of a more full server?

In the time between the mass unban and now there have been changes in how staff handle bans and nearly all permanent bans are for cheating and I don't want anyone back who has cheated.
I said, "Just like the title states mass unbanning every player that's is banned besides cheaters, DDoSers, Doxxers & scammers".
Stating not unbanning cheaters, etc. They have to just make a separate ban appeal just like normally.

Mass unbans are not the way to go, rather advertising to groups of players who will be active and likely to actually play the server by the rules.
Mass unbanning is the only thing that can the server ATM or just a really good update but we have been waiting for one for a long time. I know the big ORG update is coming but if there are no players to use it what is the point of the update? This mass unban boosts the player count = higher server ranking = more exposure = more new players = more players to make use of the update = more ideas for updates! And what do you mean with "rather advertising to groups of players". Has this ever been suggested?

Reaction score
to be honest it will help with the abysmal response time ban appeals get.

I don’t know though, last mass unban was because there were hundreds of people permabanned for dumb shit they did on there first time playing the server. Now, anyone currently permabanned either cheated or were repeat offenders of specific rules (Or nonces). I’m not saying everyone who is currently perma’d doesn’t deserve a second chance at all though.

Last edited:

Sam

Reaction score
Main Idea: Doing another mass unban

Full description of the idea: Just like the title states mass unbanning every player that's is banned besides cheaters, DDoSers, Doxxers & scammers.

Why should it be added?: As of right now the server is extremely low on players and everyone can agree on it and we are hardly in need of players to keep the server alive. Like the last time @Puma had suggested a mass unban and it got accepted why not do another one as like 2 years have passed since the other one and a lot of players are banned. Last time this was accepted the server was getting a lot of players for a good while + exposure which is good for the server.

Pros: More players, more RP, etc

Cons: None I can think of because last time it went really good.

*Other additions: https://perpheads.com/threads/mass-unban-with-exceptions.32445/
@Bolli @Fredy @Madda @TinySlayer @Ayjay @Samuel
@Sossa

Last time, we changed most bans over 6 months to 6 months resulting in many being unbanned. If this would ever get accepted there would have to be "requirements" set. Like, we don't ban cheaters, people that have attempted to blackmail staff and people who like to receive nudes of underaged boys.

You say it went really good last time, and for the majority of the banned players, I agree. But a few players that were removed from the community for just causing massive problems and making the server toxic etc... (not banned for specific rules, but banned as we did not think that they should be a part of the community). They returned to this behaviour shortly after getting unbanned.
If this suggestion gets accepted, would these kind of people be unbanned and if so should we give them one chance before being banned again? should we forgive them for their past actions and deal with them as any normal player? or should we maybe reset their characters so they have to start from scratch?

Reaction score
For suggestions in toxic players, i think just remove their chat perms if they continue to be toxic, possibly have it be permanent if its really bad and have them appeal it.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Unban Olsen. Unban Megalolis. These people contributed to the server everyday. Toxicness in OOC is something petty and should be dealt with chat bans. They gave us bases to raid and org beef that gives cops something to do. People will moan they got raided 24/7 but thats the gamemode its meant to be hard and grindy not like how its been for 2 years just people money farming.

Deleted member 4116

“should we forgive them for their past actions and deal with them as any normal player?” This should be thing for every other player. If all staff do this with would be 1 big improvement already. And plus same thing @glacial said, permanently remove OOC perms etc. This would really help, and I’ll doubt that some people would do the same after being banned for over 6months/1year/2 years.

Reactions: Sam
Reaction score
ion know man, i feel like there's probably a few people who would start taking it seriously, but i also feel there'd be a lot more bans again and we'd be back to square one

Deleted member 4116

Rather play on a server with a few extra players than one without players

Reaction score
We need more of a player base, reducing long bans to six months would aid this.

You’re saying we shouldn’t do this because of a chaotic minority of those who’d be unbanned

• Optimistic
Reactions: Sam
Status
Not open for further replies.