regular checks on police?

Reaction score
i think police are not following standard protocol in their jobs and maybe they should have checks on how they work every now and then

Command teams already do this. Moreso, every Supervisor in the PLPD has the right to issue reprimands/suspensions for violations of the Policies. Lastly, Internal Affairs will investigate any claims you make, as long as you can prove the claim.

Reaction score
i think police are not following standard protocol in their jobs and maybe they should have checks on how they work every now and then
In the PLPD you can make an internal affairs complaint to get them sanctioned for misconduct, We also do have "Checks" They are observation reports that CPLs+ can give out, in the policy it states that if they see an underperforming officer they are expected to make an OR detailing how they are underperforming

Reaction score
If you think someone is violating SOP you should make an internal affairs complaint.

Reaction score
They are more likely to follow the standard protocols and policies if it wouldn't take you 15 minutes to find a small sentence in one of the 20 policy/handbooks the PD has that has to be followed to the letter.

If you feel someone might be breaking it, you can always report them to the supervisor on duty or make an IA complaint, it is that simple (yet petty).

Checking through patrols has been and always will be the biggest bullshit, patrols just like ORs are moment checks which are good for new officers to get noticed for good things and thats all of it, any person longer on the duty knows how to behave during a patrol and will do so to keep their rank but beyond that could show different behaviour.

i don't think patrol/checks is the best option but rather education of having PMs send out or any other communication on certain parts of the policies/handbook that gets broken the most often (or reported the most often) to ensure it doesn't repeat