Reimplement the old OOC limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea:
Reimplement the old OOC limits rather than these new ones.

Currently no one runs out of OOC messages, even when they type without thinking.

Why should this be added? (pros):
- Limiting them will give people more reason to consider what they say before they say it.
- We can just use shoutbox on the forums to chat in general tbh. We also have discord.

What negatives could this have? (cons):
- People who are out of OOC messages being unable to reply to or correct /help messages without waiting 1 minute.
-​

Reaction score
I like it how it currently is, we don't have to tab out to talk anywhere and it doesn't affect anyone negatively. If you don't want to see the chat, turn it off. Maybe just let the OOC messages stack up depending on how long you are online instead of having 15 messages and if you don't use them they get reset to 15 again.

Reaction score
I never liked the limit to begin with and is just a really odd feature that has stuck around ever since. Running out of OOC messages back then really was a dreadful feeling when all you did was talk to other people a lot. If it annoys you then turn off OOC but it has never come to that for me, I always leave OOC enabled.

If anything maybe add a cooldown when you can send your next message like 30 seconds.

Reaction score
I don't see the problem with being able to talk in ooc it brings the community closer together without having to use discord or teamspeak

Status
Not open for further replies.