More OOC messages or a different solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I AM AWARE MANY SIMILAR IDEAS GOT DENIED. I AM JUST TRYING AGAIN COMBINING ALL THESE POSTS.

Description of the idea:
So currently non premium have 10 OOC messages and premium players have 15. I've done my fair bit of research as of why this is a thing and as Stephen says in a post from 2015;
The reason this exists is solely for the reason that people without a mic or if someone is choosing to use text instead, OOC often times will hide their message faster than someone can read it. So it then goes ignored as if it was never said making their ability to roleplay difficult if not impossible as no one pays attention to them.

If OOC and IC chats were split up and not combined into one box, then the OOC limit wouldn't be nearly as needed, I'm just not a fan of OOC blocking out IC things. So until this happens, I'm afraid the limit must remain to preserve other's ability to roleplay
So yeah, I understand why this is a thing but in my opinion it is still something that should be changed. You could be having a conversation with someone and suddenly you don't have OOC messages left, most of the times people will start using /help chat anyways so it already gets bypassed.
Also, don't we have a Staff Team for this exact problem? If the OOC is getting spammed they should be telling people to stop and deleting messages. Yeah, it'll still be in the chat box but it would be easier to read the local chat.

Here is another good quote from a post from 2018
It's a chat, i want a place where i can "Chat" without being limited to only being able to write 10 messages for 30 Minutes. I want to be able to join in on any kinds of discussions, ongoing chats etc. Without having to worry about if i should send this message, and out of no where. Not being able to respond again
Here a post from 2016
Add a 1 minute delay between ooc messages instead of giving people a limited amount of messages. Or maybe just do so vip have more messages as its quite annoying atm.

Many posts have been made about this topic and I have gone through most of them and combined all the ideas I found into 1.

I have 2 solutions.

1. You get 15 more OOC messages as Premium (10 as non Premium) BUT, between each message there is a 10 second delay.
2. Unlimited OOC messages as Premium but there is a 20 second delay. This means non Premium will still have the default amount, also with delay.

And maybe something stupid,
OOC messages regenerate over time instead of being every 30 minutes. So if you use 9 messages in 5 minutes, you get all 9 back at different times in like 8-10 minutes.

Why should this be added? (pros):
- People can finish conversations
- Like one of the quotes says it's a chat, we are supposed to chat.
- Less /help chat abuse.

What negatives could this have? (cons):
- People that don't use a microphone might have a hard time reading local chat.
- Arguments and dicussions are going to be longer. (Staff should be able to stop them though)

Reaction score

Status
Not open for further replies.