Remove OOC Message Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Remove OOC Limit

Why should this be added? (pros): Potential to improve relationships between other players

What negatives could this have? (cons): Local Chat gets separated too much

*Other additions: I have always enjoyed conversing in OOC. Yes, it can get a bit heated from time to time but that generally gets dealt with by staff pretty well. It can be frustrating not being able to interact with others in the server and I believe it - while not a valid part of the roleplaying experience - is an important part of the game and sometimes this isn't noticed. For people who dislike their chatbox being spammed with OOC, there is the option to disable it if required. I believe the fact that the servers player count has decreased recently is another thing that supports this point as the OOC won't be flooded. Other PERP servers within range of similar player counts (while not recently) have never really suffered from constant OOC use. I do understand the reason for the limit of OOC usage and I also know that this has been requested multiple times but I believe that this topic should be brought up again. If the idea of removing OOC limit seems to be a poor idea then I propose that it is at least trialed for a week or so and if it ends up causing a nuisance then it can be reverted to how it is now. I genuinely believe that it is worth a try and I believe that the impacts will not be as serious as commonly believed. So to sum this all up, lets give unlimited no-roleplay socializing a go shall we?

P.S. If this is not agreed upon or successful could we maybe compromise and add a cool out time of around 30secs for each message instead of a limit similar to HL2RP?? Everyone's opinion on these points matter as I don't believe the current system is appropriate anymore.

01-kitten-cuteness-1.jpg

A1L

Reaction score
Closed

This has already been suggested

Status
Not open for further replies.