Remove 2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

rat

Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: 2.5 excessive negativity
Your version of the rule: 2.5 - New players should not be targeted or exploited, this includes deliberately misleading, raiding or mugging new players.
Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited:
Because 2.5 has been completely twisted and it's enforcement along with other rules is a contributing factor to the declining player base.

Reaction score
People make shitty ARs -> staff forced to do something -> becomes a norm for staff to punish said thing

I experienced it myself while staff, it mostly occurs with widely-interpretable rules, in this case 2.5 is a prime example, shit ton of inconsistencies and different views on what is and what isn't allowed, where a consistent set of ideas can't be achieved purely because every situation is different. Yes it's up to a staff member to deem what is right and what is not. However some of the shit I see that people make ARs for is a joke nowadays, and sadly the staff have to deal with it because it is covered by this shit rule which people have abused over the years. Either re-write it or adjust how it is enforced and what it acceptable.

If you don't believe me just go dig up some old ARs or normal videos that are still around on the forums, and see the type of shit you could get away with doing back then, now it just seems so restricted and its not even for the sake of "realism", its because people rather see someone banned than take actions into their own hands and take revenge in-game, not to say rule breaks shouldn't be reported, but some of the stuff that falls under 2.5 and some other rules is beyond a joke.

do this shit now and u're gone for a good month+

Reaction score
I like 2.5 when you kill an afk player, when he refuses to follow your orders ic.

Tbh I had it happen to me, where all I could do about it was stay inside a base, cops trying to push into the base and I still got a guy behind me that is, worrying that cops don't shoot me or that guy.

Reaction score
People make shitty ARs -> staff forced to do something -> becomes a norm for staff to punish said thing

I experienced it myself while staff, it mostly occurs with widely-interpretable rules, in this case 2.5 is a prime example, shit ton of inconsistencies and different views on what is and what isn't allowed, where a consistent set of ideas can't be achieved purely because every situation is different. Yes it's up to a staff member to deem what is right and what is not. However some of the shit I see that people make ARs for is a joke nowadays, and sadly the staff have to deal with it because it is covered by this shit rule which people have abused over the years. Either re-write it or adjust how it is enforced and what it acceptable.

If you don't believe me just go dig up some old ARs or normal videos that are still around on the forums, and see the type of shit you could get away with doing back then, now it just seems so restricted and its not even for the sake of "realism", its because people rather see someone banned than take actions into their own hands and take revenge in-game, not to say rule breaks shouldn't be reported, but some of the stuff that falls under 2.5 and some other rules is beyond a joke.

do this shit now and u're gone for a good month+

*gets 1 month ban for disconnecting*

rat

Reaction score
It's good to see people voice their support on this issue, I think a trial period of this would be beneficial and then it can be reviewed from there.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
2.5 and 3.4 have both turnes into complete staff discretion on whether the rule has broken. Guidlines for what breaks both rules barely exist rather than the only examples given and staff excpect you to know what's realistic.

Both rules should be removed and more straight forward to the point rules should be implemented with no grey areas.

Reaction score
It's a really twisted rule i agree fully to that. But it also seems like the only shield existing for new players? We need a playerbase and that wont come with angry #FerrariM4Dudes. that fucks everyone in the server over.

Reaction score
2.5 and 3.4 have both turnes into complete staff discretion on whether the rule has broken. Guidlines for what breaks both rules barely exist rather than the only examples given and staff excpect you to know what's realistic.

Both rules should be removed and more straight forward to the point rules should be implemented with no grey areas.

I agree, a revise of them would be nice. I imagine grey areas make it a hard decision on the staff in certain situations.

Ayjay

Reaction score
I'd hate to join the server as a new player, with limited money to find myself being targeted because of what car I drive, or what clothes I wear simply because that makes me an easier target when it comes to raiding. 2.5 gives new players some form of

2.5 is not written in the best way, and that's mainly down to the fact that it's scope is somewhat undefined.

Here's my revision of this rule.

2.5 Excessive Negativity
Players actions should be performed in a way which do not impact other players experience on the server in a grossly negative fashion.
For example, targeting visually newer players could be seen as excessively negative, in that these players are less-developed in the server and have little chance of competing with more experienced players.

Furthermore, players should never attempt to consistently target players and/or harrass them based on encounters which have occured out-of-character. An example of this, would be repeatedly following specific people, attempting to annoy and/or irritate them. Actions should be proportionate and not inflict consistent bullying or harassment.

I believe that other rules, such as 3.4 could be extended in their examples to provide more information when it comes to putting your life at risk. 2.5 has been somewhat a place to put any undefined rules, such as 'RDM'. Things such as this, should most likely be defined elsewhere and give more information and examples.

rat

Reaction score
I'd hate to join the server as a new player, with limited money to find myself being targeted because of what car I drive, or what clothes I wear simply because that makes me an easier target when it comes to raiding. 2.5 gives new players some form of

2.5 is not written in the best way, and that's mainly down to the fact that it's scope is somewhat undefined.

Here's my revision of this rule.

I believe that other rules, such as 3.4 could be extended in their examples to provide more information when it comes to putting your life at risk. 2.5 has been somewhat a place to put any undefined rules, such as 'RDM'. Things such as this, should most likely be defined elsewhere and give more information and examples.

2.5 should be a rule defining the treatment of new players and the current idea around 2.5 should be incorporated into other rules for a more defined overall stance which is easier to understand as user.

Reaction score
Just redefine them and make actual marking guidelines for them like on the PD Apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.