[Discussion (For now)] 2.5 Excessive Negativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: 2.5 Excessive Negativity

Players may not excessively impact the experience of others in a negative manner, unless the actions are a proportionate escalation of negative actions that have been performed against the original player.

For example, it is not acceptable to:
  • Intentionally mug and targeting new players.
  • Destroy valuable items due to basic distaste such as product prices.
  • Killing a player over verbal insults, minor or accidental actions.
  • Killing a player after mugging them because they’ve seen your identity.

Your version of the rule:

Add a clause stating players may not 'trample' items for sale on a table in order to cause a mess for no valid reason.

Players may not excessively impact the experience of others in a negative manner, unless the actions are a proportionate escalation of negative actions that have been performed against the original player.

For example, it is not acceptable to:
  • Intentionally mug and targeting new players.
  • Destroy valuable items due to basic distaste such as product prices.
  • Killing a player over verbal insults, minor or accidental actions.
  • Killing a player after mugging them because they’ve seen your identity.
  • Stepping on items for sale to cause a mess for no reason

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited:

This is just something players use to annoy shop keepers and especially for non-premium players, waste their time. It is often times quite hard to get a display set up in a way that is aesthetically pleasing, and to have players just hop up and step on it is completely pointless.

Reaction score
Im pretty sure that those are just examples. If you honestly feel annoyed just ask the individual in LOOC to stop. If he doesn't stop contacting a staff member will most likely fix the issue. But this is just my opinion ;)

Reaction score
just warn them and tell them if they do it again you'll cap their ass, if they don't listen; fucking do it.

Or you could just tell them in LOOC aswell to stop being idiots and call a staff member to sort them out because it's unrealistic to keep stepping on guns

Reaction score
2.1 Play Realistically
This game mode aims to emulate real life, and as such, players are expected to play realistically at all time; exceptions can be made where appropriate - any such Exceptions are purely determined by an administrator’s discretion.

I don't believe walking about on a gun shop display to lob firearms about is allowed as it is. No rule change is needed.

Reaction score
You wouldn't get banned, I've defended many people who've done it. If you warn someone like that and they keep doing it's their own fault
Its excessive as fuck to murder someone over them being annoying or/and an inconvenience to you. I wouldn't put this down as a staff member because people will quote you for it in sits and/or AR's in the future when they killed someone for it

Reaction score
Its excessive as fuck to murder someone over them being annoying or/and an inconvenience to you. I wouldn't put this down as a staff member because people will quote you for it in sits and/or AR's in the future when they killed someone for it
What I mean is; if you threaten someone over something like this, they shouldn't be doing it again.

Of course you shouldn't shoot someone the second they jump up on your guns again but if they keep doing then it's fine, or so I was told by Luke when he was a Senior Administrator and a Head Administrator with the rules looking the way they do.

Reaction score
What I mean is; if you threaten someone over something like this, they shouldn't be doing it again.

Of course you shouldn't shoot someone the second they jump up on your guns again but if they keep doing then it's fine, or so I was told by Luke when he was a Senior Administrator and a Head Administrator with the rules looking the way they do.
No matter how many times they jump on the guns you shoudn't kill them over it, you should use either IC cops or OOC staff to deal with someone unrealistically rping. You're still in a RP situation, if you commit murder over someone jumping on your guns you're gonna get charged for (attempted) murder by LEO's since its unreasonable amount of force ;/

Reaction score
just warn them and tell them if they do it again you'll cap their ass, if they don't listen; fucking do it.

Or you could just tell them in LOOC aswell to stop being idiots and call a staff member to sort them out because it's unrealistic to keep stepping on guns

At the very least this gets you put away for murder. At most it's an AR. No thanks. I'd just like to add it somewhere in the rules so players know they shouldn't do it, it has no purpose in gameplay.

Reaction score

But the thing is its garrys mod and killing annoying people gives you peace of mind from them for 10 minutes

Reaction score
2.1 Play Realistically
This game mode aims to emulate real life, and as such, players are expected to play realistically at all time; exceptions can be made where appropriate - any such Exceptions are purely determined by an administrator’s discretion.

I don't believe walking about on a gun shop display to lob firearms about is allowed as it is. No rule change is needed.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.