Server Suggestion Remove house alarm during mayor house security policy

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Remove house alarm during mayor house security policy
Suggestion Description: Give you an option to remove your house alarm during the mayor policy which gives you free house alarms - not sure what it's called exactly

Why should this be added?:
- Gives you the freedom of choice - might not want the house alarm to delay police response/give you the choice whether or not to call the police. Would be nice for criminal gameplay

What negatives could this have?:
- None I can see

What problem would this suggestion solve?: No problem really solved, just nice QoL

Would be nice to see what negatives people think this actually has, considering house alarms would still be default and you are taking a risk for potentially a better outcome. Most people would still keep them on + police can usually respond by hearing shots during patrol anyway

I dont really see a downside other then why? how would u use this?
Remove house alarm - you get raided & cops aren't immediately alerted, meaning there may not be a cop response at all allowing you to take a risk to get more guns & use explosives without risk of punishment

Also if you have warranted people in your property/potentially visual drugs it reduces your risk of being raided by police, but the defence becomes solely civ vs civ so there's a trade-off

so you purely want civ on civ combat no PD involvement, i mean i get it but if PD are in the area they will show up too it 9 / 10 times
Well yeah, that's why it wouldn't even really be harmful to PD by much, usually PD can respond simply by hearing shots on patrol but it gives you either more time to prepare for police response or the chance for no police response, it is just a minor QoL thing which shouldn't be too hard to implement

I think personally that the reason this is the way it is, is so the mayor can let the police know who’s getting raided regardless of having an alarm manually placed. Honestly just don’t vote for a shitty mayor who will turn on the policy in my opinion. You can always call the mayor if he has the policy on or just find him and ask him to remove it.

Removing house alarms is also very useful if you are hiding wanted people in your house. Its just less police presence which is what you want if you are wanted.