Police Suggestion Remove LT+ Being able to give longer punishments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Remove the option for LT+ To give longer punishments than listed in the Penal Code. Maybe make it higher like MAJ+?

What benefits would this idea have for the department: Not for Department but for the player base in general, stops abuse of it by CMD. Certain CMD Members feel it's great to issue 10y 10k for things like 6.5,6.9, 12.12

What potential negatives could this have for the department: None

Other additions: nothing

Reaction score
@Inchs You're talking to yourself, I'm not the one who has the 10k ticket issue, you are so I'm having plenty of fun.

Reaction score
This is what the policy says: "Exceptions may be authorised where justifiable by an officer ranked Lt. or higher". If you believe the Lt. in question cannot justify increasing your fine or sentence simply make a complaint. I realise this doesn't solve your problem right there and then, however, this policy to me has one major benefit. Without this policy, there is no real good way of taking care of repeat offenders. Such as @Daft Punk mentioned, for example, people who continue to park illegally because they don't mind paying the fine.

Reaction score
I feel like this should only be authorized when the person in question is a repeat offender of a crime and the actual sentence+fine is low or manages to commit a bajillion of minor crimes.

Reaction score
Personally I believe we should change 12.4 to have it so if repeat offenders do illegally park, they can get 1 year in jail (should only be used if they have been illegally parking for 5x in a row within an hour) sort of thing.

Sam

Reaction score
Closed

Just wanted to make something clear, the maximum punishment in the law is a general guideline for officers. We added that Command could authorize exceptions as there always are special cases and special circumstances. Command must be able to justify if they go above the stated guideline.

Having said that, the PD does not control the laws, the non existing paralake city website does.

Status
Not open for further replies.