Police Suggestion Remove rank restrictions on Properties and Vehicles

Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Let every rank in the PD have the option to view what properties someone owns and which vehicles he owns.

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
Sometimes I spend over 10 minutes just asking someone with a rank to search something for me. No one ever responds and then when you talk in radio they say RaDiO ProToCoL. It will be faster to deal with suspects and just less hassle in general.

What potential negatives could this have for the department:
People abusing this to find people.

Other additions:
N/A

Reaction score
Maybe make it SO+ To prevent possible abuse and that we have something to actually hold against people if they are abusing it. Idk, maybe.

Reaction score
I like the idea of dropping this down a few ranks as they seem a bit excessively restricted right now

Reaction score
+ support. I would want to lower it down to at LEAST CPL, even Senior Officer but at least corporals. Because when there is no one to set warrants you can put a remark but that still won't let you see what properties he owns n stuff

Reaction score
From what I've personally seen, officers who are ranked Corporal have been very active recently. I think it would be a good idea to lower this to the rank of CPL. Giving Senior Officer such abilities may seem like too much of a drop, though. But yeah, definite support on this - could see it happening.

Reaction score
SO+ wouldn’t be bad, but if you want to figure out where someone lives or their vehicle etc, it’s already not hard just to trick a cop into telling you, allowing all ranks access to this information would make it insanely easy to trick cops into giving up information they’re unaware they can’t give out

Reaction score
The way I see it, SO+ would be good because if you do abuse your rank as a Senior Officer you'll definitely get punished more severely as you should know the Policies and the laws by then enough to not abuse stuff like that, and "most" times SO+ Officers are pretty alright but not all of them. And if they abuse it? Punish them by warning or fire them or derank..